E3 Preview: Assassin's Creed 3 Hands On

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
I'M BRITISH AND FEEL CONFLICTED BY THIS GAME.

OT: Was the sea-based stuff really working? The videos do look good but it's a totally revolutionary direction for them to take the game.

Then again, this is a revolutionary game. Huh? Huh? :D

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
I love the AC franchise, and cannot wait for this game to be released. Will be nice to try out something new within the AC universe.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Doing these types of missions will offer a range of benefits, from giving you a new recruit you can use for group missions or skilled laborers who can work to repair your homestead on the outside of town. Some grateful folks might even open up their homes of if you're being chased by the guards and need to cut through a house to get to the other side of the block.
Nice!

I was really enticed by the gameplay trailer, but what you're describing here makes me so much more excited.

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
Chrono212 said:

OT: Was the sea-based stuff really working? The videos do look good but it's a totally revolutionary direction for them to take the game.

I'm of Italian descent and I'm not at all conflicted by this game. Years of having to hear "Itsa me, aMaaaaaaaaaaario!" gives me little pity for your situation. ;D

I'm hoping they make things realistic and don't paint the Colonials as pure little goody goodies who were just throwing off the yoke of tyranny. As easy as it is to say the British were tax-loving taxhounds, the Colonies were petulant little turds in their own right.

History is written by the victors, I guess, right?

*ahem* Back to ACIII, they have REALLY put in some nice details. I anticipate this one will sit next to Red Dead Redemption on my shelf, and the two will spend their days making sweet sweet love.

Chrono212

May 19, 2009
The.Bard said:
Chrono212 said:

I'm of Italian descent and I'm not at all conflicted by this game. Years of having to hear "Itsa me, aMaaaaaaaaaaario!" gives me little pity for your situation. ;D

I'm hoping they make things realistic and don't paint the Colonials as pure little goody goodies who were just throwing off the yoke of tyranny. As easy as it is to say the British were tax-loving taxhounds, the Colonies were petulant little turds in their own right.

*ahem* Back to ACIII, they have REALLY put in some nice details. I anticipate this one will sit next to Red Dead Redemption on my shelf, and the two will spend their days making sweet sweet love.
Humm? Sorry, I was busy drinking tea and counting my taxes.

I read somewhere that there would be 'good' British guys and 'bad' Colonials. Even Washington himself served as a British general.

Or something.

irmasterlol

Apr 11, 2012
The.Bard said:
Chrono212 said:

It would be pretty far out of character for them to make Colonials incorruptible good guys and the British baby-blending demons. Remember in the first AC? The Crusaders were twats, the locals were twats, the Templars were twats, and even the Assassins were twats. Here's hoping we can return to that golden age of universal moral ambiguity.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I just got excited again, but then I realized this was without gameplay, and remembered how awesome Revelations' trailer looked, but how sticky the game felt compared to the smooth, lubed up AC2 or Brotherhood. And now I remember why I was really angry at the series, for stuffing in way too much stuff and taking away from what I wanted in the series. Please tell me the naval battles aren't as torturous as either the cart sections or the crappy tower defense sections?

Steve Butts said:
E3 Preview: Assassin's Creed 3 Hands On

This game is my boyfriend.

Read Full Article
But it looks like a girlfriend. That I had in November of last year.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
I am so confused... America was supposily founded by the Freemasons. There is proof that most of the founding fathers were masons. The masons are believed to be offshoots of the Templars. Therefore is Connor teaming up with Templars?!?! I think it would have been far more interesting to have him be English and fighting the American rebels. Of course he would fail assassinating Washington, but use that as a way for the assassin brotherhood to lose power and explain why obstergo is has the current day upper hand.

Please note, I am xenophobicly American, but I have to admit Americans as the "bad guys," especially in revolutionary times would be a very interesting story.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Chrono212 said:
I read somewhere that there would be 'good' British guys and 'bad' Colonials. Even Washington himself served as a British general.

Or something.
He served as a general for the colonial militia during the French and Indian War during the 1750's.

They are going to have to spin a very entertaining story especially since most of the "founding fathers" for the US where free masons and the Templar's are an offshoot of the Free Masons like Baptists are to Christianity.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
irmasterlol said:
It would be pretty far out of character for them to make Colonials incorruptible good guys and the British baby-blending demons. Remember in the first AC? The Crusaders were twats, the locals were twats, the Templars were twats, and even the Assassins were twats. Here's hoping we can return to that golden age of universal moral ambiguity.
Complication here being that there's a bit more popular sentiment surrounding this in what undoubtedly is their largest fanbase. There's undoubtedly going to be idiots complaining the moment they don't depict 18th century US rebels as anything less than angelic.

Here's to hoping they don't chicken out.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
This might be the first game I'll ever preorder. Typically I just wait a few months to get a reduced price on it, but I doubt I'll be able to wait. The more I see of the game, the more I want to play it.

Personally, I'm hoping for a plot twist in which the Americans end up being just as bad as the British. I don't hate America, but it would be interesting to see a game where we're not the symbolic representation of all good in the universe.

Plus I kinda want to assassinate George Washington. I have no idea why.

cahtush

Jul 7, 2010
I hope that it doesnt turn out to be a case of "America, f**k yeah"
Im hoping that the assassin remains neutral, if anything he should be figthing for the british, as he is half british half mohawk. The mohawks fought for the british as the settlers had been stealing land and such.

If it does i will rage. A lot.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
bdcjacko said:
I am so confused... America was supposily founded by the Freemasons. There is proof that most of the founding fathers were masons. The masons are believed to be offshoots of the Templars. Therefore is Connor teaming up with Templars?!?! I think it would have been far more interesting to have him be English and fighting the American rebels. Of course he would fail assassinating Washington, but use that as a way for the assassin brotherhood to lose power and explain why obstergo is has the current day upper hand.
This is why I fully expect Washington to be conning you into doing his dirty work for him before he betrays you, just like Al Mualim in the first game. I mean seriously, look at the face he pulls at the end of the CG trailer. If that isn't a 'I'm secretly evil' face, then I don't know what is.

Chrono212

May 19, 2009
Tsaba said:
Chrono212 said:

Or something.
He served as a general for the colonial militia during the French and Indian War during the 1750's.

They are going to have to spin a very entertaining story especially since most of the "founding fathers" for the US where free masons and the Templar's are an offshoot of the Free Masons like Baptists are to Christianity.
Well they could outsource that problem to Nicholas Cage.

I heard he's dealt with Freemasons before.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Chrono212 said:

But, he's heavily monitored by the Knights Templar

Chrono212

May 19, 2009
Tsaba said:
Chrono212 said:

But, he's heavily monitored by the Knights Templar
Which is exactly why they won't expect it!

TheBelgianGuy

Aug 29, 2010
So when the game ends and you've helped the super good freedom fighters win against the evil imperialist scum, you get to live the rest of your days on a reservation. Right?

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Chrono212 said:
Which is exactly why they won't expect it!
We're better off hiring Indiana Jones seeing as Nicholas Cage likes to pretend he rides motorcycles.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Kargathia said:
irmasterlol said:
Complication here being that there's a bit more popular sentiment surrounding this in what undoubtedly is their largest fanbase. There's undoubtedly going to be idiots complaining the moment they don't depict 18th century US rebels as anything less than angelic.

Here's to hoping they don't chicken out.
Oh come on, even Call of Duty didn't have any problems making a US general one of the bad guys. I don't see why ubisoft would.