The Escapist's Top E3 Picks

ZeZZZZevy

Apr 3, 2011
None of you are excited for Watch_Dogs? That game jumped way to the top of my radar when I first saw it. (still super excited for Dishonored though, that game is straight up my alley :D )

Shaevar

Jan 29, 2011
Was a about to say the same thing. Nothing for Watch_Dogs? I rate it higher than Assassin's Creed 3, at least. New IP, great graphic and nice twist on the urban vigilante.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
WiiU's games sure made a splash.. or, no, that was more of a thud.

A little surprised to not see any mention of Watch_Dogs either. Despite the generation drawing to a close, I'm really seriously consdering picking up a PS3 sooner than later..

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
The trailer for Watch Dogs did look great, but that was all the team showed this year. Our thoughts on what was visible this year is in our Ubisoft presser writeup: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/conferences/e3-2012/9671-E3-Ubisoft-Brings-the-Noise-Zombies

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Flailing Escapist said:
Susan Arendt said:
Flailing Escapist said:
Nobody mention Far Cry 3! Why the fuck am I on this site anyway?!
Perhaps to have your horizons broadened?
Umm, I don't think I've ever played that. What is that?
Aw man, you're missing out.

I remember playing Your Horizons Broadened 1 back in 2006. Good times. I'm excited for the sequel, Your Horizons Broadened 2: Broader Horizons.

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Yeah, I was really impressed with Watch Dogs but, for my list at least, I was trying to pick games that I knew were far enough along to really deliver what they were promising at the show. I was tempted to put games like Watch Dogs and Star Wars 1313 on the list, but I held back, figuring that they were likely to make next year's list.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
DarkRyter said:
Flailing Escapist said:
Susan Arendt said:
Flailing Escapist said:
Nobody mention Far Cry 3! Why the fuck am I on this site anyway?!
Perhaps to have your horizons broadened?
Umm, I don't think I've ever played that. What is that?
Aw man, you're missing out.

I remember playing Your Horizons Broadened 1 back in 2006. Good times. I'm excited for the sequel, Your Horizons Broadened 2: Broader Horizons.
I dont think 2 will any good at all but I guess I might just have to play the first abit more before I can truly get it.

Turtleboy1017

Likes Turtles
Nov 16, 2008
No mentions of Watch Dogs OR Far Cry 3 on any of those lists? I'm actually kind of surprised by that.

Meh guess it was just me. Last of Us also looked awesome though. I'm probably going to pick up a PS3 just for that game.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Tokyo Jungle is perhaps the most interesting one. At least at eight in the morning without sleeping at all yet. It's a PS3 exclusive though, so it's pretty much all the same to me if it didn't even exist.

The lack of promising PC games is... sigh

Although I've pre-purchased Civ V: Gods & Kings, that'll be released in less than two weeks. And Counter-Strike: Global Offensive finally got a release date at August, and I've got the beta already. So it's already a good PC gaming year, without interesting news on the front from E3.