Journey: Collector's Edition Comes Loaded With Extras

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Journey: Collector's Edition Comes Loaded With Extras

Journey: Collector's Edition's includes a ton of bonus content.

The title Journey: Collector's Edition is somewhat misleading, the $30 disc-based re-release actually comes with all three of Thatgamecompany's PSN games - Flow, Flower and Journey - as well as a glut of extra content. It's scheduled for release on August 28th in North America - "info for additional territories to be announced soon" - and will come with a fancy reversible cover.

The standout inclusion in the package are a trio of mini-games, delightfully titled Gravediggers, Nostril Shot and Duke War!! - all of which were made in less than 24 hours as part of the company's traditional "Game Jam." This will be the first time the games are made available outside of TGC's headquarters.

Also included with the game:
[ul]
30-minute behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of Journey
Creator Commentary play-throughs of all three games
Concept art and screenshot galleries for all three games
Original soundtracks for all three games
PS3 dynamic themes and wallpapers
PSN avatars including eight exclusive new Journey avatars never released before
Official game trailers and developer diary videos
A one month PlayStation Plus membership

Not bad for $30.

Source: Thatgamecompany

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Can haz Xbox port plz?

Susan made me really want to play this game.

And I think the ending made LeeLee cry.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
I already have Journey, but I'll buy it again because it was THAT good. Well that and for all the extra goodies.

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
I was skeptical, until I saw all the stuff that came with it. Now I will cheerfully hand over my first-born child for this.

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
Well I've been short on cash lately, but was gonna pick up Journey next week. Now, however, I'm saying that tenner and buying this bad boy when it hits Europe. Already own Flower, but I would gladly buy it again to boot.

EDIT: Nevermind, seems there will be no European release :(

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
That's really great value, and I recommend it to anyone that hasn't played it before. Though, I won't pick it up. While I enjoyed Journey, it was far too over-hyped for me and I went into it with too high expectations, and it ultimately disappointed me.
Also, I can't find a picture of the reversible cover, can anybody give me a link?

Dresos

Jun 17, 2011
Seems like an excellent time to pick it up since I some how missed the initial release.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I'm beginning to learn not to buy games at launch and to just wait for special editions.

Also, I really wish it came with the LittleBigPlanet Journey DLC. Meh, it already comes with a butt-load for only $30. Which will probably become $50 once it reaches Oz...

90sgamer

Jan 12, 2012
Rats. I thought maybe That Game Company might turn this into a real game for $30. I got my hopes up too high before diving into the article.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Next buy!
edit: But to be honest, I'll try to make most of PSN+ before I take a crack at Journey but oh well.
Starik20X6 said:
I'm beginning to learn not to buy games at launch and to just wait for special editions.
You too huh?

OneBig Man

Jul 23, 2008
I saw the picture for the article and thought they were giving away cat hats with it. I am sad now.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011

Fuck you, Journey. To hell and back.

Sorry about that. I really love Journey. As soon as I saw the review here, I bought it and I was happy. Now, I usually hate buying games off the PSN because I prefer having my game on a disc. In my hand. But I thought to myself "Well, there ain't any other way around it!", so I bought it.

And now THIS?!

if I hadn't bought the game already, I'd buy this in a heartbeat. Seriously. But I already own the game so why buy it again? Yeah, I know it comes with extra stuff and all but really, all I care about is Journey.
I wouldn't have minded saving my money for a couple of months if I knew this was coming out. It IS a great deal, but I'm not buying it because I'd be buying the same game twice. Point is, I already own it. I bought it almost as soon as it came out. And yet...*Sigh*

I'm just gonna stop now. Too upset to keep on ranting.

BBboy20

Jun 27, 2011
...is there going to be some discount system for those own any or all of these titles?

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
I've got Journey, but considering I've nary another title by Thatgamecompany and the extra goodies...well...I'm in.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
I really, really want to buy this. Problem is... I don't own a PS3. ^_^ I can haz PC port, please?

ShotgunZombie

Dec 20, 2009
mysecondlife said:
Next buy!
edit: But to be honest, I'll try to make most of PSN+ before I take a crack at Journey but oh well.
Starik20X6 said:
You too huh?
I third this so much.