Beta Testers Forge Guild Wars 2's Release Date

Cognimancer

Imperial Intelligence
Jun 13, 2012
Beta Testers Forge Guild Wars 2's Release Date

Tyria will be opening its gates to adventurers by summer's end.

After more than half a year of beta testing, Guild Wars 2 is finally nearing release. ArenaNet president and Guild Wars 2 executive producer Mike O'Brien announced on the ArenaNet blog that the game will be hitting shelves on Tuesday, August 28th.

The game held its first Beta Weekend Event in late April, and a second in early June. Periodic public stress tests were also held, giving ArenaNet a chance to make sure their servers were up to the task of supporting hundreds of thousands of players [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117222-Hundreds-of-Thousands-Have-Already-Bought-Guild-Wars-2] who had pre-purchased the game. The developers were apparently satisfied; this announcement comes just hours after the latest stress test.

O'Brien says that the beta tests helped the team decide on a final release date. "Through all the long hours and hard decisions, we were bolstered by the knowledge that we were not in this alone," writes O'Brien. "All along you've been there for us, cheering us on, supporting us when we needed it, testing early versions of the game, and above all, giving us your honest feedback every step of the way. Guild Wars 2 is a better game for all of the work that our community has put in."

The developers will spend the remaining time before launch working on optimization, polish, and balance. In the meantime, players have one more Beta Weekend Event to look forward to: the third and final event will take place July 20-22.

Source: ArenaNet [http://www.arena.net/blog/announcing-the-guild-wars-2-launch-date]

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Wish it was earlier, but luckily those who pre-purchased it get it on the 25th. :D

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Dammit, I wish it was earlier, that is just before a weekend I'm going to a convention... Ill have to be annoyed all weekend by not being able to play it.

itsthesheppy

Mar 28, 2012
I'm primed. Pre-purchased that sucker and gonna play the hell out of the headstart. Taking a vacation for work.

My body. It's ready.

Polock

Jan 23, 2010
I cannot wait. As an avid Guild Wars 1 fan, I've played in both open beta weekends and I absolutely love the game.

I cannot wait for its release :)

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Worgen said:
Dammit, I wish it was earlier, that is just before a weekend I'm going to a convention... Ill have to be annoyed all weekend by not being able to play it.
Well I gonna missed a day of the last beta weekend (July 20-22) but that no longer bother me now since we know the official date now.
Look like I will wait abit before buying Transfomers: Fall of Cybertron (it's out on the same week as this) since I know I going to be playing GW2 all day during my free times like back in my University time with Guild Wars.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Evil Smurf said:
can it kill wow?
It would be nice if it could but it also doesn't need to since it has no monthly cost so people can play it and wow at the same time without worrying about it.

if_then_else

Apr 28, 2005
Yes! Finally!

Two months from now seems too much, but at least I can start planning on how to lock myself in my room with no access to the outside world for the whole weekend.

Also, the last BWE is in my birthday. :D

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
This looks...intriguing. It's one of those thingies that looks really cool to me, but in general, I'm still very wary of MMORPGS.

I shall keep my eye on you GW2!

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I can't wait for Guild Wars 2 to be released. I plan on paying off my pre-order of the Collector's Edition soon to get the 3 day headstart.