Pokemon Black and White 2 Appears This October

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Pokemon Black and White 2 Appears This October

Trainers can return to a different Unova this fall.

Nintendo has announced that Pokemon Black and White Version 2 will be launching on DS systems October 7. The follow-up to last year's Pokemon Black and White takes place two years after the events of those games, bringing new gym leaders, locations, and even a movie studio to the dramatically changed Unova region.

Don't worry, 3DS owners--Nintendo has something for you, too. Pokemon Dream Radar will be available to download on the same day. The standalone app utilizes "the Nintendo 3DS camera, motion control, and augmented-reality technology, to discover and catch Pokemon." Nintendo's description makes it sound like Dream Radar will be similar to fan favorite Pokemon Snap, except you play it in your living room. (Look out, there's a Pignite behind that recliner!) Though the sequels are DS titles, those who play Black and White Version 2 on their 3DS systems will be able to transfer Pokemon from Dream Radar into their games.

Though it's not a full retail title, Dream Radar sounds like it might be one of the more interesting uses of the 3DS camera and augmented reality technology so far. And since first-party titles on the 3DS have been few and far between (and the publisher has yet to announce release dates for some of its most anticipated 3DS games), having a reason to play a 2D game on the 3D system is better than nothing.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
inb4 'New Pokemon sucks'.

OT: WANT. MAJOR WANT.
The Gen 5 Pokemon aren't the best by a long shot, but the Gen 5 games trump all others by miles, simply by including lots of viable and interesting things to do post-game, and having an actual story.
Consider me excited.

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
Sooooo hyped.

Loved BW, will love these too. Admittedly I hope they have better pokemon ideas than a trash bag and baggy pants. But such story and characters, man!

Also Conquest.

Looking forward to that too.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Loving Elesa's new look and gym

She finally turned into Lady Gaga :p

Apr 28, 2008
Captain Pirate said:
inb4 'New Pokemon sucks'.

OT: WANT. MAJOR WANT.
The Gen 5 Pokemon aren't the best by a long shot, but the Gen 5 games trump all others by miles, simply by including lots of viable and interesting things to do post-game, and having an actual story.
Consider me excited.
And removing the annoying-ass BEEP-BOOP BEEP-BOOP BEEP-BOOP BEEP-BOOP BEEP-BOOP noise when your health is in the red. And making it so health bars lower and decent rates, so battles between two pokemon with high health aren't stupidly slow.

Anyway, color me excited. I enjoyed Black/White, and I'll probably enjoy this too.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Rakor said:
Sooooo hyped.

Loved BW, will love these too. Admittedly I hope they have better pokemon ideas than a trash bag and baggy pants. But such story and characters, man!

Also Conquest.

Looking forward to that too.
Conquest is out, at least in the USA (It's awesome)

OT: I'm pretty excited for this, I loved the hell out of Black and White, a bunch of the pokemon designs were kinda dumb (The literal trash ones probably beg for death), but they never bothered me, so I'll be getting this one day one

blalien

Jul 3, 2009
I like how each iteration of Pokemon is less and less of an advancement over the previous. Nintendo is eventually going to asymptotically reach a point where they just copy and paste the code and release the exact same game every year.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Hell. Yes.

I loved Black and White so I'm happy that there's more stuff to do there, and hopefully more stuff about the villains from the last game.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
That release date is fine by me since I will have GW2 and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron to keep me occupy pior to that release date. I guess I may consider buying a 3DS (or the XL version) before that or just wait for the sales during Christmas.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
So wait...why is Zekrom on Black now as opposed to White as it was originally?
Well, Black Kyurem. But you need Zekrom to get it, so...

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Ghonzor said:
So wait...why is Zekrom on Black now as opposed to White as it was originally?
Well, Black Kyurem. But you need Zekrom to get it, so...
because of plot reasons.

If you played black last time then that means that your trainer caught reshiram and N has zekrom and because your previous trainer isn't in unova anymore he can't come help but N does come and try to help but gets his zekrom kidnapped and fused to kyurem.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Sarah LeBoeuf said:
Am I the only one who wants them to bring back Voltorb Flip from Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver?
Yes. Yes you are. Even if other people say they want it back they are only humoring you to make you feel better. If it ain't the slots it's not worth it.