Quantum Conundrum Becoming Live-Action Game Show

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Quantum Conundrum Becoming Live-Action Game Show

Former Attack of the Show star Kevin Pereira takes viewers to an actual Fluffy Dimension.[/B]

Airtight Game's new puzzle platformer Quantum Conundrum has been gaining <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/9770-Quantum-Conundrum-Review>respectable reviews since its initial release, but Square-Enix believes they can do more with the franchise. No, they haven't greenlit a sequel; they've teamed up with Los Angeles art exhibition and gaming think tank iam8bit to produce an online game show featuring Quantum Conundrum's mechanics and characters.

To anyone familiar with the game, the new show is going to feel very different from what you experienced. The series will be live-action, portaying actual people attempting to complete the reality-altering puzzles. Renamed The Super Dimensional Quantum Learning's Problems and Solutions Gametime Spectacular!, the show will feature 50 contestants competing in various "real-life fluffy, heavy, anti-gravity and slow-motion dimensions". Instead of being guided through puzzles by your intellectually superior uncle, the series will be hosted by Kevin Pereria of G4's Attack of the Show.

For iam8bit, this project is described as an experiment, the goal of which is to determine whether the incredible experiences from videogames can possibly be remade in our world. In that regard, Quantum Conundrum is actually a very good choice since it doesn't need to design an entirely new world, just change the way contestants perceive and interact with it. The idea is promising, and based on <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbA5JEYWTw8>the teaser trailer, we shouldn't have too long to wait to find out if they're successful.

And if the series is successful, maybe we'll see other franchises get the "live-action game show" treatment.

Source: Joystiq

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I don't know how to feel about this. It honestly sounds like the stupidest thing I've heard today and the most suprising.

Penguinplayer

Mar 31, 2009
Wow. Just, wow.

I can't wait to see this, I hope this is going to be great, but the concept of Quantum Conundrum seems really hard to imitate in real-life.

They got Ike though, so it can't be that bad.

Edit:

Hahaha, what the hell was that.

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
This reminds me of a real life professor Genky, without the death, same kinda insane reality funtime experience.. I like it.

dessertmonkeyjk

Nov 5, 2010
Penguinplayer said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtaihIvYeqA&feature=related

Also, how do I display videos here?
Just quote me and you'll see the code I use for this.

Penguinplayer

Mar 31, 2009
dessertmonkeyjk said:
Penguinplayer said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtaihIvYeqA&feature=related

Also, how do I display videos here?
Just quote me and you'll see the code I use for this.
Ah, I get it now.
Thanks!

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Penguinplayer said:
Wow. Just, wow.

I can't wait to see this, I hope this is going to be great, but the concept of Quantum Conundrum seems really hard to imitate in real-life.

Edit:

What
The
Fuck....
Professor Quadwrangle must be rolling in his grave, this is the kind of bad you get from schmucks who got the cliff notes of the game.

mruuh

Jun 29, 2012
It sounds like a really crappy idea for a show. No worries, though, it will be cancelled right after a heavy safe crushes someone's skull. :)

Noxogz

Nov 7, 2011
LGC Pominator said:
if discord is not involved in this then I am no longer interested.
To be fair, John de Lancie is too busy making the brony documentary to get involved in this.

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
Wha
Rednog said:
Penguinplayer said:
Wow. Just, wow.

Edit:

What
The
Fuck....
Professor Quadwrangle must be rolling in his grave, this is the kind of bad you get from schmucks who got the cliff notes of the game.
I know....I'm just.....can't say. I'm not entirely sure if I wasn't briefly experiencing some weird-ass acid trip. I'm not too sure this show could go beyond the length of time this video lasts.

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
Noxogz said:
LGC Pominator said:
if discord is not involved in this then I am no longer interested.
To be fair, John de Lancie is too busy making the brony documentary to get involved in this.

I know this... I am working security directly with the guy at the UK convention, and this makes me hella happy