THQ Stands Behind Darksiders II Preorders

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
THQ Stands Behind Darksiders II Preorders

Australians who ordered Darksiders II from GAME will still get their preorder bonuses.

The trouble with retailer-specific preorder bonuses is that if, between the time of your preorder and the launch of the game, your retailer of choice goes under, you're pretty much hosed. That obviously doesn't happen very often, but it did happen to some unlucky Darksiders fans in Australia after GAME announced in June that all of its Aussie stores are closing [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117967-GAME-to-Close-All-Australian-Stores]. People who preordered Darksiders II from GAME were supposed to get the Deadly Despair DLC pack at no charge, but no stores means no preorder bonus.

Fortunately, Darksiders publisher THQ is in a position where it needs to reap all the good will and positive press it possibly can, and so it's stepping up to the plate to take care of the situation. The publisher announced that it will honor the preorder bonus commitment for all GAME customers, who will need to email a copy of their original GAME preorder receipt, along with a copy of a new preorder receipt from any other retailer, to [email protected]. Deadly Despair download codes will be sent out to qualifying customers after the game has launched.

It's kind of a no-brainer for THQ; after all, it's not often that a company has a chance to do an effectively zero-cost solid for its customers. But a nice move is a nice move, so props to the company for making it. Darksiders II [http://www.amazon.com/Darksiders-II-microsoft-xbox-360/dp/B0056WJA30/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341600034&sr=8-1&keywords=Darksiders+2] comes out on August 14 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, while the Wii version is currently slated for launch later in the year.

Source: Polygon [http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/5/3140091/thq-to-honor-darksiders-ii-pre-order-dlc-for-game-customers]

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
This is the kind of thing that reminds me why THQ is such a great company.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Nice move, THQ. At least there's one publisher that still appreciates gamers. This is why I really hope they pull through their financial troubles.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Scrustle said:
Nice move, THQ. At least there's one publisher that still appreciates gamers. This is why I really hope they pull through their financial troubles.
me to T-T they're the only one with games coming I'm looking forward to

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
This is why I hope THQ survives. Not too many companies understand that the company/customer relationship is symbiotic.

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
If I had the money, and had to invest it in something, I think I would use it to buy up THQ. They've yet to do wrong by me, don't think I can say the same for many others.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
They shouldn't require an original receipt. It just screws the lazy and/or disorganized people who trusted the store to take care of things and tossed their receipt. It also adds an extra hoop to jump through since the retail victim now has to deal with yet another pre-order process and the effort of scanning/copying their receipts and mailing them. THQ should make the GAME DLC free for everyone in AU.

Maybe someday the publishers will realize the retailer and all pre-order DLC just makes the pirate bay copy that much better than the paid copy. The pirate copies come with the pre-order content from EVERY retailer.

Not holding my breath though. With very few exceptions (Bethesda) publishers don't seem to have the ability to move past the "opening week" sale window to and produce a product that stands up over the long haul.