BioWare Gives Away New Mass Effect Music

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BioWare Gives Away New Mass Effect Music

The new music in the Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut is now available as a free download.

BioWare didn't dick around when it came to making new content for the Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut. On top of all the new cut scenes and dialog, the studio also had composer Sam Hulick create a selection of brand-new music for the update. And now they're giving it away.

It's not a huge amount of music, just 16 minutes spread out over seven tracks, and much of it is rather downbeat, but it's still excellent and very distinctly Mass Effect. And it's free! The only requirement is a BioWare Social Network account, which you already have if you've played Mass Effect 3 - and which can be created quickly and easily if somehow you don't.

I haven't yet played the Extended Cut, but when I hear this music I immediately "see" Mass Effect, which I think is a pretty powerful testament to its quality. The new music is up for grabs now at the samhulick.bandcamp.com [http://social.bioware.com/me3ecsoundtrack.php].

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
I'm not one to complain about free stuff.
The music is top notch, I've enjoyed the entire game's soundtrack

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I downloaded it as soon as it popped up on my Facebook feed. Bioware is working 24-7 to fix their bridges, I'll give them that.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I have always enjoyed the music from Mass Effect. I think Lair of The Shadow Brokers pry has some of my favorite tracks in it.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
More Mass Effect music is always a bonus. I love the ME3 soundtrack so this is an instant download for me.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Well I can dig it, Mass Effect has always had a pretty damn good soundtrack, and giving stuff away is certainly nice. Obvious bridge re-building ploy as it is, free shit is free shit.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
It's good stuff, especially the extended version of "An End, Once and for All."

There's some neat stuff on Hulick's website too.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Bioware, you fixed the endings. It's not perfect, but you did good. It's a much better ending. It's a good ending now. And the free soundtrack is a nice perk too.

... Just don't screw up Dragon Age 3.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
darthzew said:
It's good stuff, especially the extended version of "An End, Once and for All."

There's some neat stuff on Hulick's website too.
I really hated how the original version just abruptly stopped and it completely ruined the feeling of the song. the new version is indeed great.

I also like "I will watch over the ones who live on"(Control ending).
You can say what you want about BioWare but sound-wise they do deliver.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Here's hoping that it's a hell of a lot easier to get than the soundtrack that came with the Collector's Edition.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
BioWare, you are awesome. I love the ME soundtracks, and to get these extra tracks... Super sweet.

ZephrC

Free Cascadia!
Mar 9, 2010
Alright, Fine BioWare. FINE. EA hasn't quite entirely ruined you yet and I'll give your next game a chance.

Are you happy now?

GameChanger

Sep 5, 2011
I do love the fact that they actively got Sam Hulick to compose more music for a game he thought he'd was done with. Thank you Bio, I love me some soundtracks.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
love the soundtrack, so i sure dont say no to that :D
even when the ending is not perfect but good enough for mt to love the game again :D

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
How can I say no to free tracks? I loved the ME3 soundtrack, so this is great!
GameChanger said:
I do love the fact that they actively got Sam Hulick to compose more music for a game he thought he'd was done with. Thank you Bio, I love me some soundtracks.
I'm glad they got Sam Hulick. He's awesome :D

Fudj

May 1, 2008
Allways enjoyed the soundtrack, favorite being the Krogan related song in ME3 or the end credits from ME1.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Fudj said:
Allways enjoyed the soundtrack, favorite being the Krogan related song in ME3 or the end credits from ME1.
makes 2 of us. they are my favorite tracks as well from the ME3 soundtrack.

the tracks are called:
a future for the krogan

das malefitz