Open Steamworks Unearths Steam's Summer Sales

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Open Steamworks Unearths Steam's Summer Sales

An uncovered list of alleged Summer Sales spells financial Armageddon for Steam users.

Valve hasn't confirmed whether or not users' bank accounts will have to weather another Steam Summer sale, but the Open Steamworks CDR Database has apparently uncovered a list of titles set to go on sale. Assuming the list is legit, the sale will operate much like last year's, with a different selection of games going on sale each day. Reddit user, Dweezy, [http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/w6gxt/steam_summer_sale_preview_indie_bundlesmore/] was kind enough to condense the list into a readable format.

There's no info regarding release dates or prices for the bundles, and they're still unconfirmed by Valve, but here's the list:

Day 1: Anomaly Warzone Earth, The Baconing, Cave Story+, EDGE, Lone Survivor.
Day 2: Botanicula, E.Y.E, Oil Rush, Splice, Universe Sandbox
Day 3: Bit Trip Beat, Braid, Bunch of Heroes, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Runespell Overture.
Day 4: A Valley Without Wind, Atom Zombie Smasher, Blocks that Matter, Sanctum, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP.
Day 5: Audio Surf, Gemini Rue, Greed Corp, Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana.
Day 6: Awesome, Defcon, Space Chem, Ticket to Ride, Trauma.
Day 7: Avadon, Dungeons of Dredmor, Qube, Vessel, Zombie Driver.
Day 8: Demolition Inc, Hoard, Sol Exodus, Swords and Soldiers HD, Wings of Prey.
Day 9: Capsized, Jamestown, Revenge of the Titans, VVVVVV, Zeno Clash.
Day 10: All Zombies Must Die, Beat Hazard, Bit trip Runner, Eufloria, Machinarium.
Day 11: Hydrophobia, Orion: Dino Beatdown, Star Ruler, Waveform, World of Goo.

There's also a set of other bundles, which, if last year is anything to go by, will remain on sale for the entirety of the event:

1C Collection Pack
Adam's Venture Complete Bundle Retail
Anno 2070 Pack
Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City and Batman Gotham City Imposters Bundle
Bethesda Collection (BRINK, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Hunted)
Bioshock Franchise Pack
BIT.TRIP.BEAT Bundle
BIT.TRIP.RUNNER Bundle
Carpe Fulger Bundle (Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Chantelise, Fortune Summoners)
Civilization Collection
Command and Conquer Franchise
Dawn of War Franchise Pack
Dead Island Complete
Duke Nukem Bundle
Foreign Legion Bundle
Kalypso Collection (Tropico, Jagged Alliance, Airline Tycoon, etc)
Majesty Franchise
Paradox Collection (Magicka + dlcs, Mount and Blade, etc)
Pendulo Adventure Pack
Railworks 3 - Summer Sale Collection
Red Orchestra Franchise Pack (ROW)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle
Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack
Sniper Elite Franchise Pack
Square Hit Collection (Hitman, Tomb Raider, Just Cause 2, Deus Ex, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Quantum Conundrum, Thief)
Stardock Collection Pack
Strategy First Complete Pack
Sword of the Stars Franchise
THQ Collection (Dawn of War, Warhammer, Stalker, Nexuiz, Darksiders, Metro 2033, etc)
Total War: Shogun 2 Pack
Victoria Franchise
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Pack
Wings of Prey

Source: Open Steam Works [http://cdr.thebronasium.com/]

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Hoo-boy, I don't know if my wallet can take this beating.
I know, I just max out my credit card before the sale hits!

Ha!

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
One of the only games on there I don't have yet but want is Fortune Summoners.
Oh well! Bring it on, Steam!

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Well there's at least one game per day that I'm interested in. Shit.

But, I should say, I don't see many AAA titles on the daily rotation. This is a good thing, of course. Always good to support indies! And these sales certainly do boost... um, sales.

whyarecarrots

Nov 19, 2008
Unless they've reduced the number of games they put on sale each day, this doesn't look like a complete list. Especially as there are no AAA titles on the daily sales list.
Have any details on dates emerged yet?

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Sorry for the newb question, but what's the name of the game in the article screenshot? Sure I read some things about it being interesting but can't for the life of me think what it's called. Never mind, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet.

Also, might be tempted by Anno 2070. Perhaps some tasty little indie nuggets too, but the last humble bundle did me quite well.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Looks like my wallet won't take a beating like it did last summer. But Winter is coming.

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
Let's hope there is more to the Summer Sale than just this list, since it's nothing but Indie games. I already got most Indie titles that I wanted, give me some AAA titles for 50/75% off! :D

Sep 14, 2009
ehh way too indie for my taste, looks like my wallet will actually keep it's cash for a change :)

still, will probably check them out regardless when it happens.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
I feel like the list only has the indie side or something. Maybe it's only the bundles, and Steam is doing a different indie bundle each day? Calling that right here actually. I hope I'm right too, cause I can already afford most indie games I want, it's the AAA titles I need help with Steam.

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
Hmm, nothing there really.

Saints Row 3 and that's about it for me as I already own or have no interest in the others.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
So no arma 2 sale?
Okay Just so you guys know there is a 25% of version on the developer's website it has a steam version too.
https://store.bistudio.com/

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
Dammit and I like having money, now I have to lose it all. I hate how much I love you steam.

Clearing the Eye said:
Drinking game: every time someone mentions a wallet in this thread, take a shot.
Wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet, wallet.