Magneto to Star in Assassin's Creed Movie

Hevva

Shipwrecked, comatose, newsie
Aug 2, 2011
Magneto to Star in Assassin's Creed Movie

Michael Fassbender's about to get all stabby-jumpy.

While many of you will recognize actor Michael Fassbender from his work as Ubisoft Motion Pictures (UMP) [http://filmfodder.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/magneto.jpeg], the actor has just been hired to star in and co-produce a movie based on the popular Assassin's Creed franchise.

As reported by Variety, UMP has hired Fassbender as part of its plan to create a "production package" for a prospective Assassin's Creed flick. In a bid to retain greater creative control over the project, UMP will build the package on its own - comprising writers, producers, directors, and some special effects staff - before sending the whole thing off to a big distributor (in this case, that probably means Sony).

Jean-Julien Baronnet, CEO of UMP, seems in a happy mood about hiring the Prometheus star. "Michael Fassbender was our first choice [to play an Assassin]," he said, adding that, "Michael is an extremely smart, talented, versatile and committed actor."

Deployed correctly, Fassbender's cheekbones (and, y'know, Oscar-nominated acting ability) should work well in the role of an Assassin. I wonder what Assassin he'll play? Moody Altair, attempted-suave Ezio, or as-yet-unknown are you wearing contacts [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/9684-E3-Preview-Assassins-Creed-3-Hands-On]? Because whoa."

With this big name on board, expect more news about this film to come creeping out of the shadows sooner than we might have thought.

Source: Variety [http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056333]

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
I think Fassbender is a fantastic actor and so far, this Assassin's Creed movie sounds promising. Looking forward to hearing more about this movie.

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
Keep Uwe Boll FAR AWAY. On a desert island with Paul Anderson and Michael Bay until shooting is complete. I want this to work so hard I can cut glass with my desire.

wyrmslayer1991

Jun 14, 2011
Wait, Ubisoft is putting it together itself? AND Fassbender's in it?

This move can not come out soon enough. Even if whatever trailers come out look like ass I'll probably go see it.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Say what...? They're making an Assassin's Creed movie?
I am a happy panda. ^^

Considering the franchise in question, this movie has a ridiculous amount of potential, and with Fassbender on board that potential's basically been doubled. Here's hoping, guys and gals... :D

jollybarracuda

Oct 7, 2011
Wow, i forgot this was even happening. But im glad to see Ubisoft wants to maintain control over who actually gets to work on it and stuff, hopefully they can make this incredible, the Assassin's Creed franchise seems like it would be awesome for a movie series that runs parallel to the games or something.

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
That makes me make my happy face. They couldn't be more right about an awesome assassin actor.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
AmrasCalmacil said:
Bollocks to that, he's going to be Flashman!

Assassins just don't compare.
Man, he'd make an awesome Flashman. That would just be the best thing ever.

On Topic: SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
Noble_Lance said:
$20 says he play Shaun when they get to AC2, spinoffs etc.
Unlikely. I'd expect - or at least hope for - the characters that were modelled after their voice actors to be played by said voice actors - if they do show up.

That said ... my bet is on Ezio (who looks far too much like Desmond in the game anyways), or Altair.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
No Michael...RUN! RUN AWAY FROM THIS CAREER POISON! IT'LL KILL YOU!

FuzzyRaccoon

Sep 4, 2010
I really want this to work out. I really do. Making movies from videogames always seems like such a chancey business.

That being said, I think I might like them to do the first one, because that's well before the sci-fi elements start going completely insane.

Also. I don't think this will ruin Fassbenders career. He's amazing, and he's shown his chops in some films already. Though you know, he has really been picking all kinds of films. Kind of shows he's willing to be risky.

Thetwistedendgame

Apr 5, 2011
I thought Ubisoft pulled some strings to make sure an assassin's creed movie would NEVER happen. What happened to that?