Activision's Angry Birds Trilogy Heads to Consoles

kitsuta

<Clever Title Here>
Jan 10, 2011
Activision's Angry Birds Trilogy Heads to Consoles

Rovio reveals a trilogy pack with updated HD graphics and new cutscenes.

For anyone who hasn't played one of the many, many iterations of Angry Birds on mobile and browser platforms, there are going to be a few new places to get your aggravated avian fix. As teased back at E3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117726-E3-Exclusive-Activision-Confirms-Angry-Birds-HD-on-Consoles], Activision is helping Rovio bring the popular slingshotting games to consoles - specifically, the original game, Seasons, and Rio are being packaged and shot towards the PS3, Xbox 360, and Nintendo 3DS this holiday.

The game, called Angry Birds Trilogy, won't be quite the same as the originals. The graphics have been "re-treated for the high-resolution and big screen," according to Rovio's Executive Vice President of Games Petri Järvilehto. Rather than just an HD update, improvements include animated and even "reactive" backgrounds, lighting modes, and new cinematics. Järvilehto didn't say if players would get the free levels bestowed upon iOS and Android fans, but the levels that are included will have their own individual leaderboards.

The game will support Kinect and Move on their respective consoles, and the 3DS' unique device-to-device StreetPass feature, though details on the latter are currently scarce. The gravity-bending and exceeding popular [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116998-Angry-Birds-Space-Snags-50-Million-Monthly-Downloads] Angry Birds Space is the only Angry Birds game to not make an appearance in the trilogy.

Source: IGN [http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/10/angry-birds-trilogy-coming-to-ps3-360-and-3ds]

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I bet they end up charging way more than they should for it. Just get the iOS or Android versions.

Also Kinect support? That's gonna be pretty much unplayable.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Hazy992 said:
I bet they end up charging way more than they should for it. Just get the iOS or Android versions.

Also Kinect support? That's gonna be pretty much unplayable.
Guess you could say that's one port where they... laid an egg?
You might even say they have... egg on their face

I'll stop now :p

robert01

Jul 22, 2011
Looks like Rovio is starting to get stretched thin with ideas. It is a pity that this will sell really well and make lots of money.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
Falterfire said:
The real question is how much they're going to try charging for it.
Its activision. $60 game, plus day 1 dlc, at $10-@20 dollars a piece for challenge maps and a single new bird.

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
The confirmed pricing on this is $39.99 for XBOX & PS3, and $29.99 for 3DS?

HA! The only appeal this game had is that it was free, or relatively cheap. It doesn't even include the Angry Birds in Space.

Oh Activision, you are so cute to think you are going to make money from this.

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
doggie015 said:
... Goddammit rovio! Why did you have to be such sellouts!
It's normal. There is very little I wouldn't do for a million dollars. I suspect I'm not alone in that thought.