Amnesia: Machine For Pigs Delayed Until 2013

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Amnesia: Machine For Pigs Delayed Until 2013

The Amnesia sequel is delayed, as Dear Esther developers polish it to a mirror shine.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent was a breakout hit for its original developer Frictional Games. This puzzle-based survival horror game managed to scare the pants off even the most hardened and jaded of gamers [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2092-Amnesia-The-Dark-Descent], so a sequel was always in the cards. Independent developer The Chinese Room - better known as the Dear Esther creator - has been working with Frictional on the latest title, Amnesia: Machine For Pigs, and it was originally slated for Halloween 2012. In the Halloween tradition, that would seem to have been a trick; the release date has slipped to 2013.

"The quality of the game is the absolute first, last, and always with this development," said Dan Pinchbeck as he explained the situation, adding "we felt it could do with a few more months' work to make sure that's really going to happen." No actual date as yet; early 2013 is the best Pinchbeck could promise.

The Amnesia sequel is set several decades after the first game and concerns the experiences of industrial-scale pig farmer Oswald Mandus, whose recent fever may - or may not - have driven him mad. "We're preserving that emotional journey," Pinchbeck says, saying that the "rollercoaster of fear, awe, desperation, loneliness, sadness, disgust, and terror" that players enjoyed in Amnesia will be back in Machine for Pigs.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-12-amnesia-a-machine-for-pigs-slips-into-2013]

Jhooud

Someone's Dad
Nov 29, 2011
Halloween would've been very, very cool - but I'm glad they are (and can) take the time to make sure the game shines.

The

Jan 24, 2012
Mcoffey said:
Fine by me. Gives me more time for screaming and sobbing breaks as I make my way through the first amnesia.
I still haven't had the courage to install it.

Mamzelle_Kat

Aug 23, 2010
I'm pretty sure I am again going to buy the game, only to not get past the tutorial and will end up watching someone else play it on Youtube.

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
GOD DAMNIT. Oh well. Take as long as you want, as long as you make it gooooooooooood

Luca72

Dec 6, 2011
That's... kind of a relief actually. The funny thing about Amnesia is I know I'm going to play it and it's going to great, but the longer I have before I have to subject myself to the goddamn series again, the better.

robert01

Jul 22, 2011
Amnesia is one of those games I can only play in small doses and I haven't even finished the first one. It actually scales the shit out of me, and I really don't scare easily. I think it is just the environment with the sound. (headphones don't make it any better)

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
As long as it isn't unplayabe with a vague explanation as to why it won't work.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
The said:
Mcoffey said:
Fine by me. Gives me more time for screaming and sobbing breaks as I make my way through the first amnesia.
I still haven't had the courage to install it.
I got mine in the humble indie bundle...and I installed it....I hate to play scary games but...this is Amnesia after all, just something you have to experience...I clicked on it...and it started to load...then quickly died.

Yep, it won't work on my laptop. I'm both disappointed and overjoyed.

OT: As much as I'm ready for the game to come out so I can watch someone on Youtube play it, I am rather glad that they're being sensible and taking their time with it. From the few screenshots I've seen, it looks like the chinese room has some clue as to what they're doing. I'm excited for this.

XSTALKERX

Mar 10, 2012
Well shit that just great, so many games are delayed until 2013 which is going to be my last year in school. That really fucking sucks because it means I wont have any time to play games and have to study the whole damn time. Stupid exams.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
there's a distinct possibility that your laptop is refusing to install it because it doesn't want to play either

Jan 9, 2011
This is probably the only time I've seen as delay announcement met with a sigh of relief from an anticipative community, rather than a cry of outrage.