211: A Pikachu in the Family

Brendan Sears

Jul 28, 2008
A Pikachu in the Family

How do you make sure your pet Pikachu gets enough exercise when you can barely move yourself? Simple: Get the whole household involved. Brendan Sears and his family learn that it takes a village to raise a Pokémon.

Read Full Article

anguaji

Jul 22, 2008
really, really top-quality article. loved it.

are digital pets the new cuddly toys? ^_^'

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
When Furbies were the hot, new thing, I bought one for my little sister for her birthday. Problem was, the only one I could find was the store display and it was still two weeks before her birthday. So for the next few weeks I had to drive around with this little fellow in my car, talking to me the whole time. (I was told not to remove his batteries or else he might not work right anymore.) He would call me mommy, and even though I ignored him, he always knew when I was around and genuinely seemed to love me. So finally my sister's big day comes up and I give her her new little friend. She's overly excited not expecting one, and the family is pleased cause no one else could find one, but it was all very short-lived.

He didn't like my sister. He never once responded to her, only becoming "happy" when I was around. After about a month, my sister ended up removing it's batteries herself. I still have no idea how those stupid things are made, but after that incident, I avoided them at all costs.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
That was absolutely adorable. I had one of those little Pikachu toys, too, but I didn't take good enough care of it. Pikachu ran way.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
That was absolutely adorable. I had one of those little Pikachu toys, too, but I didn't take good enough care of it. Pikachu ran way.
That happened to me. I descovered that if you shook it rather vigorously for a while he'd fall from the top of the screen, although he'd be annoyed with you.

I guess I never had the attention span for pets that didn't repeatedly jab me in the ribs to remind me of something.

A very sweet article though, and it made me chuckle a few times too. Top notch.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
"It looks kind of yellow to me."

Dear Father Sears, if you're reading this, you're awesome. If you were any more awesome, an emoticon of The Fonz giving two thumbs up would spontanously appear here.

Mimsofthedawg said:
it's last sentence was like this *slowing down computerized voice that gets lower and lower* "I.... loovvveee........ youuuuuuuu........... *BEEEEEEPPPPPPPP*"
DAAAAVE

WHAT IS LOVE, DAVE

DAISY DAISY