Resident Evil 6 Pre-Orders Include Actual Umbrella

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Resident Evil 6 Pre-Orders Include Actual Umbrella

Pre-ordering Resident Evil 6 will net Umbrella fans an Umbrella umbrella.

If you pre-order Resident Evil 6 from Capcom's official US storefront, you can get your zombified mits on the "Premium full-sized Umbrella Corporation Umbrella." I bet it was pats on the back all round when the marketing department came up with that one.

The umbrella is decorated with Umbrella's distinctive red and white color scheme and sports the tiny mini-umbrella Umbrella logo. It also has the word "Umbrella" written on it, which will make you look like the kind of person who needs a label that says umbrella on your umbrella. Don't be surprised if your fellow pedestrians give you odd looks and occasionally ask if you're a bit lost, in other words.

Unfortunately, in the case of complete global saturation, or a light drizzle, only American gamers will be sporting the Umbrella umbrella, as the bonus appears to be limited to the US. Capcom's blog notes that supplies of the Umbrella umbrella are limited.

Resident Evil 6 shambles onto shelves October 2nd for Xbox 360 and PS3, with a PC version to follow eventually.

Source: The Capcom Store [http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/productID.244374500/Resident-Evil-6-Xbox-360.html?resid=UBDa5woHAtQAAFpeb-sAAAAE&rests=1343281895487]

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Oh sure, because it only rains in America! Rest of the world probably gets something lame like free day 1 DLC.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Resident Evil 6 certainly has some strange extras. First a Leon replica-jacket, now an Umbrella umbrella. What's next, a sample of the T-Virus?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Hey, I've got a Deathspank towel for cloning. Will this thing give me zombies?

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Nouw said:
Resident Evil 6 certainly has some strange extras. First a Leon replica-jacket, now an Umbrella umbrella. What's next, a sample of the T-Virus?
I want a full set damnit! T-virus, G-virus and those parasite things from Resident Evil's 4 and 5.

This seem's kinda strange... it's neat but just seem's strange to me. I kinda wish they would make a few shirts with some of the "WolfPack" team members on them for sale.

Toilet

Feb 22, 2012
dalek sec said:
Nouw said:
I want a full set damnit! T-virus, G-virus and those parasite things from Resident Evil's 4 and 5.

This seem's kinda strange... it's neat but just seem's strange to me. I kinda wish they would make a few shirts with some of the "WolfPack" team members on them for sale.
Las Plagas sea monkeys.

Not that I am at all interested in RE6 but the extra little extras almost make it seem worth buying. Almost.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Nouw said:
I want the shotgun....

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I don't have any interest in the game but if it were available over here I'd happily just buy the umbrella, thankfully ebayband over such things exist.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Love the fact the photo was taken at a location with more sunlight in that one shot, than we've had here all year...

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
ohhh sweeet, i havent been this excited about a release since GOW3. I'm a sucker for extras, between the Limited edition of this and B2, I'ma be eating tinned stuff for a month.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
KoudelkaMorgan said:
Under my umbrella ella ella *nommed by a licker*
I love that licker.
I hate you for triggering that memory.

Anyway, this idea is... cute, I guess. Eh.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Well I could use a new Umbrella...and this would be a great way to continue to refuse Gamestop my time and money...but I have an independent retailer to support so I may have to pass up on this one. Still, it sounds like a pretty good idea.

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
Bumberchute.
Parasol.
Rainshade.
Professor Peter Paul Parnell's Precipitational Protection Pole.
Sail on a Stick.
Lightning rod.
Bane of Castform.
Dave.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Im actually shocked capcom never thought of adding umbrella umbrellas to their merchandising range, seems the kinda thing that would be popular.

As would the vest and shirts worn by claire or leon, they did an awesome job of modelling them during their games :p

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
I'm not gonna lie. I want to pre-order RE6 just for the umbrella. Want to, but won't. You can't sway me with swag!...Much!

dexxyoto

Mar 24, 2009
TIMESWORDSMAN said:
Bumberchute.
Parasol.
Rainshade.
Professor Peter Paul Parnell's Precipitational Protection Pole.
Sail on a Stick.
Lightning rod.
Bane of Castform.
Dave.
What not brolly too?