Rayman Legends Trailer Introduces Axe-Wielding New Character

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Rayman Legends Trailer Introduces Axe-Wielding New Character

The latest addition to Rayman Legends' co-op cast is shown off in Ubisoft's Gamescom teaser trailer.

Limbless hero Rayman made an epic return to platforming last year in Rayman Origins. Ubisoft's follow-up, Rayman Legends, was revealed at E3 2012, with early gameplay footage showing off the Wii U's asynchronous gameplay [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/9701-E3-Preview-Rayman-Legends]. In preparation for the game's upcoming Gamescom appearance, Ubisoft has released a teaser trailer to show off Barbara, a newly revealed playable character.

The axe-wielding redhead joins Rayman, Globox, and Murfy for cooperative mayhem, using her axe as a long-reaching melee weapon perfect for destruction. The pre-Gamescom teaser also provides a look at some of Legends' environments while showing off the game's hectic platforming action.

Rayman Legends is due out for the Wii U later this year; much like the console, the game does not yet have a release date. It's scheduled to be shown at Gamescom later this month, so if you're in Cologne, Germany August 16 through 19, you may want to stop by and check it out.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
felbot said:
looks good, to bad UbiSoft isnt going to get any of my money.
Oh god, Karutomaru has returned!

OT: I should really finish Origins sometime. Kind of just gave up on it once it stopped having the linear level progression and the difficulty got all fucked up.

felbot

May 11, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
felbot said:

OT: I should really finish Origins sometime. Kind of just gave up on it once it stopped having the linear level progression and the difficulty got all fucked up.
oh please if i was that guy id be talking about how the game looks shit and then give capcom more fellatio over something similar, no i hate ubisoft because of their so far shit treatment of pc gamers.

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
felbot said:
I thought the rayman branch was the good guys? The French dude came back to Rayman, I have to give him my money. I think it is written in one of those video game bibles.

Kitty4President

Nov 22, 2011
....B-But she has limbs!

In all seriousness, I hope Ubisoft's going to be releasing on other consoles (and PC) as well as WiiU. I'm probably not going to get one of those, see.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
felbot said:
hazabaza1 said:
felbot said:

oh please if i was that guy id be talking about how the game looks shit and then give capcom more fellatio over something similar, no i hate ubisoft because of their so far shit treatment of pc gamers.
The hilarious part of this is that Rayman Origins was as perfect as a PC port gets (short of being released on gog.com).

And this is the sequel.

Ever heard of using the carrot AND stick, instead of only a stick? If they release a good PC game without anything that makes you upset with it, you should buy it.

OT: Assuming they release this on PC without anything that makes me upset with it, I'm so buying this.

felbot

May 11, 2011
lacktheknack said:
felbot said:
hazabaza1 said:
felbot said:

The hilarious part of this is that Rayman Origins was as perfect as a PC port gets (short of being released on gog.com).

And this is the sequel.

Ever heard of using the carrot AND stick, instead of only a stick? If they release a good PC game without anything that makes you upset with it, you should buy it.

OT: Assuming they release this on PC without anything that makes me upset with it, I'm so buying this.
yeah that totally excuse the from dust debacle, they promised no drm and forced it on me anyway, then they call me a pirate, fuck you ubisoft, i have already decided to never buy from them again and i will stick to my guns.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Kitty4President said:
....B-But she has limbs!
Pretty much my reaction.

Still, as long as they don't start adding ugly rabbit-like creatures again, I'll probably continue to buy good Rayman games.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Wow her... design looks fantastic.

I'm still holding out for a new 3D rayman game, but in the mean time this looks just as excellent as origins.

guidance

Dec 9, 2010
I'm very happy there is a new Rayman platformer, but didn't you guys say that if we bought Origins we would get Beyond Good and Evil 2? I'm still waiting for that, and if it comes out for the pc I will buy Legends to make it happen.