Shoutcasting Black Ops 2

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Shoutcasting Black Ops 2

Treyarch hopes to make its next shooter into the ultimate sport.

Read Full Article

Karma168

Nov 7, 2010
Even the perks are more balanced this time around; Ghost, which keeps you from being spotted by UAVs, now only works while you're moving, making it a better tool for rushers than for campers.
Now that just sucks for me. When it comes to shooters I prefer to snipe - properly, not that stupid quick-scoping nonsense. Usually equip with stealth perks like ghost, find a good spot and cover as much of the battlefield as possible (not just watching one corner all game). If I'm no longer invisible then my advantage is gone, a sniper is no match for a runner loadout or a killstreak.

I never understand why they put sniper rifles in CoD multiplayer as they make it extremely difficult to use properly; small, enclosed maps, inability to hide, etc. just make it a real drag to play the way I prefer.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
I like how they change things to make "camping" more difficult but fans of the series will praise someone for a good play for their excellent "spawn trapping," which is of course, spawn killing.
Yep, speak from your high horse about how awful camping is some more.

Samantha Burt

Jan 30, 2012
Karma168 said:
Even the perks are more balanced this time around; Ghost, which keeps you from being spotted by UAVs, now only works while you're moving, making it a better tool for rushers than for campers.
Now that just sucks for me. When it comes to shooters I prefer to snipe - properly, not that stupid quick-scoping nonsense. Usually equip with stealth perks like ghost, find a good spot and cover as much of the battlefield as possible (not just watching one corner all game). If I'm no longer invisible then my advantage is gone, a sniper is no match for a runner loadout or a killstreak.

I never understand why they put sniper rifles in CoD multiplayer as they make it extremely difficult to use properly; small, enclosed maps, inability to hide, etc. just make it a real drag to play the way I prefer.
This is pretty much my problem. I get really irate when people say how great they are at sniping with a ~20% accuracy from all the Quickscope/no-scope nonsense. Stop spinning in circles and let me set my elevation and windage, jerk. \:

However, with every thing I see about this game (for it is difficult to avoid) I want it more and more, even though I had initially planned to completely skip it over. At this rate, it'll be another day one purchase.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Looks quite good to me. I like what they`re doing with the classes and customisation.
Tho some of the stuff i read makes me worry a bit, as well. The heat sensor thingy could be used to spot campers, but it could be used the other way: by campers.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
I was excited...until the bit about Shout-casting.

Basically, I don't just have to put up with racist 14-year olds on my team, but also ones who just feel like trolling as a spectator...great.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Karma168 said:

Red Orchestra 2 thattaway. Seriously. I also really like to snipe properly, as in "shoot people in the head at 200m+", and so far that's really scratching that itch: long sight-lines, accurate rifles (but not SMG's), bullet drop, projectile travel time, and no "balance" mumbo jumbo about only headshots being insta-kill.

OT: The whole shoutcasting explanation leaves some open questions. Will the players hear the commentary, or is it just for recording? Is there any incentive for people to use it outside (pro) matches? The mere act of watching other people play tends to be slightly less interesting than doing it yourself.

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
Dare I say that a modern CoD game's multiplayer actually looks interesting? Maybe, they've spiced things up a bit this time around but I'm skeptical as to how big a difference this will make during the game.