The Very Best

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
Nice strip. Honestly, though, I can imagine the roles being reversed pretty easily. Gary was a douche.

Captcha: Vicious cycle - Damn right captcha.

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
You...know I never understood the appeal of Pokeman.

Its like some combination of dog fighting, poaching, animal abuse, and saying its okay to do them.
You kidnap a wild animal, train it to become a violent fighter, and throw it into ring after ring just for YOURSELF.

Why is PETA not angry about that?
I mean hell you stuff them into cramped containers to move them, so all most of them seem to know is fighting.

I mean how would we treat a kid who kidnapped a wolf puppy, kept it in a cramped cage, took it to a dog fighting fighting ring, then walked around BY HIMSELF.

Eh its just a game I get it but the basic premise is almost as flawed as ME3

AdamRhodes

Oct 4, 2010
tmande2nd said:

Its like some combination of dog fighting, poaching, animal abuse, and saying its okay to do them.
You kidnap a wild animal, train it to become a violent fighter, and throw it into ring after ring just for YOURSELF.

Why is PETA not angry about that?
I mean hell you stuff them into cramped containers to move them, so all most of them seem to know is fighting.

I mean how would we treat a kid who kidnapped a wolf puppy, kept it in a cramped cage, took it to a dog fighting fighting ring, then walked around BY HIMSELF.

Eh its just a game I get it but the basic premise is almost as flawed as ME3
Wait, you think the premise of "we have to save the galaxy from the galaxy destroyers" is a flawed premise? Replace "galaxy" with "planet" or "country" or whatever and you have a majority of every piece of entertainment that exists.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
He's not able to move past his grudge hu? I think the person that named his Rival Scrotum also has a few issues lingering on their minds.

itsthesheppy

Mar 28, 2012
tmande2nd said:

Pretty much. Never appealed to me.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
Hey, to be fair, it was Gary "motherfucking" Oak that was challenging Red, not the other way around.

In fact, the world is just full of psychopaths that need to attack anyone they make eye contact with.

And these psychopaths are told to go out as children and capture animals that can shoot fire out of their face, then beat the shit out of other animals for blood sport, capturing not only animals, but gods in the process.

And then if your the biggest psychopath, you get to sit on top of a mountain and wait for another psychopath to come and kick his ass.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
It is apparent that Scrotum does not deserve happiness!

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Looks like Mako is gonna be pissed. (Anyone else think "Scrotum" Oak's love looks like Korra?)
I wonder* if it was a unintended choice for them to pick fire and water types then for the comic.

Apr 28, 2008
Think about it, having kids deal with a bunch of insanely violent and dangerous animals is far better than dealing with the kids or animals yourself. Having both fight each other all the time stops the kids from getting bored and bothering you and keeps the animals busy enough to not destroy the world with their powers.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Irridium said:
Think about it, having kids deal with a bunch of insanely violent and dangerous animals is far better than dealing with the kids or animals yourself. Having both fight each other all the time stops the kids from getting bored and keeps the animals busy enough to not destroy the world with their powers.
In that regard it also cuts down on breeding, for pokemon and people. Well until they added it in later generations.

bells

Jul 10, 2009
If you wanna apply real world logic to pokemon you're going to have a bad time..........

Seriously people, fantasy world, fantasy rules... in the Pokemon world the only animals are pokemon. In the pokemon cartoon the kids have been shown driking milk and eating meat.

DO THE MATH.