Who Would Win FTW

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
Hmmm, I imagine a Goku vs superman who would win would sum up to one question......Goku when? Superman always seems to have a constant strength given that he's an american comic book character, while Goku always gets stronger as the story progresses given that he's an anime character. Inevitably Goku would end up stronger, but the interesting nerd question is at what point would the two of them be on par?

Edit: And is Superman's power level....indeed.....over.....NINE.....Raditzes?

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
Rakor said:
Hmmm, I imagine a Goku vs superman who would win would sum up to one question......Goku when? Superman always seems to have a constant strength given that he's an american comic book character, while Goku always gets stronger as the story progresses given that he's an anime character. Inevitably Goku would end up stronger, but the interesting nerd question is at what point would the two of them be on par?

Edit: And is Superman's power level....indeed.....over.....NINE.....Raditzes.
Haha, I always thought Goku was a little ridiculous, like the kid who when you were little and playing guns shouts out "oh yeah well I'm infinity proof!"

I know they're all just silly by fun arguments, but in general comic book character vs comic book character tends to work since they all share the same universe under their brand (Marvel/DC). With anime on the other hand each series is it's own distinct universe, so you have unlimited potential to make up ridiculously over the top stupid powerful beings that can simply blow up whatever planet the super hero's happen to be on.

However playing this game that doesn't mean Goku is unbeatable by a comic book character? The problem with picking Superman is you're going strength against strength. That's not going to work against Goku because the manga author basically cheats in the strength department. To win you have to 'cheat' yourself and think outside the box. Kind of like how with Superman you can beat him with magic, therefore to fight Goku you go with this guy:

Goku's a good guy, he's not going to indiscriminately destroy a planet nor is he going to sneak attack an apparently harmless old guy in a wheelchair. I'm not a DBZ expert but as far as I know all the fights have been physical contests, not mental, so while he could probably block a super nova there's no indication that Goku wouldn't immediately fall to a powerful psychic assault. So yeah, Superman would get his ass kicked but Professor X would win.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
You need to do another episode like this one. Imagine if you drew Ghengis Khan vs. Bruce Lee in a game of Candyland.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
having read most of a 60 some page flame fest on the discussion of goku vs superman......

depends what superman pre or post crisis, golden age supes would destroy god, end of story he was infiniately powerful. post crisis supes got nerfed, so he is beatable just not easily.

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
RandV80 said:
Rakor said:

Edit: And is Superman's power level....indeed.....over.....NINE.....Raditzes.
Haha, I always thought Goku was a little ridiculous, like the kid who when you were little and playing guns shouts out "oh yeah well I'm infinity proof!"

I know they're all just silly by fun arguments, but in general comic book character vs comic book character tends to work since they all share the same universe under their brand (Marvel/DC). With anime on the other hand each series is it's own distinct universe, so you have unlimited potential to make up ridiculously over the top stupid powerful beings that can simply blow up whatever planet the super hero's happen to be on.

However playing this game that doesn't mean Goku is unbeatable by a comic book character? The problem with picking Superman is you're going strength against strength. That's not going to work against Goku because the manga author basically cheats in the strength department. To win you have to 'cheat' yourself and think outside the box. Kind of like how with Superman you can beat him with magic, therefore to fight Goku you go with this guy:

Goku's a good guy, he's not going to indiscriminately destroy a planet nor is he going to sneak attack an apparently harmless old guy in a wheelchair. I'm not a DBZ expert but as far as I know all the fights have been physical contests, not mental, so while he could probably block a super nova there's no indication that Goku wouldn't immediately fall to a powerful psychic assault. So yeah, Superman would get his ass kicked but Professor X would win.
Technically Goku is eventually a powerful telepath. What with interrupting a conversation between other telepathic beings over the span of a galaxy a few times. I.E. when he told King Ki, Guru, and Kami to shove it because he wanted to fight Freeza. Dunno what that might say for his mental defenses tho.

Mind you, probably easy to pick out a few comic book characters to give him a super disease or lack of oxygen, as these are established as being effective.

In the end, no one really wins because (as was established in recent episodes here) no one dies in comic books and Goku can teleport from the afterlife.