Max Payne DLC Goes Free

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Max Payne DLC Goes Free

The Max Payne 3 Disorganized Crime DLC pack is less than a week away - and it's free.

Time moves forward, and nothing changes - unless you're talking about the release of downloadable content for Max Payne 3, that is. In that case, things will change soon enough with the release of the Disorganized Crime pack, which is coming next week to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Disorganized Crime will take players back to the mean streets of New York City with the Hoboken Rooftops multiplayer map, a blast-fest over and through the dilapidated buildings of Max's old neighborhood. New modifiers for Score Attack in Arcade mode will also be added, like Explosive Rounds, a Headshots Only mode and Lone Wolf AI, which makes your enemies far more aggressive. The simplest addition of all is likely to be my favorite: Noir Mode, which converts the single-player game into "the signature black-and-white style of classic film noir."

[gallery=876]

I'm all about the single-player when it comes to Max Payne 3, so multiplayer DLC doesn't really get me too wound up. But the price is right, as they say, and watching Max say goodbye to his past on a snowy New York night in faded shades of gray is something I don't think I'll be able to pass up on.

Max Payne 3: Disorganized Crime will be out on August 28.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I imagine there would be some kind of backlash from the community if they put a price-tag on a DLC that brought Max Payne to its roots. Having said that, I'm a little skeptical of Noir mode. Yeah black and white is cool but wouldn't it feel off in the environments you'd typically find in MP3?

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
What I would like was a horde mode since the single player gunplay is really good but replaying the missions and having to see most cutscenes (since a lot arent skipable) isnt that pratical. The shootouts themselfs in the singleplayer are also rather quick, only on the last levels there are some bigger and longer shootouts

BBboy20

Jun 27, 2011
Cool. Was always suspectable on pricing multiplayer DLC since it's new for the series and is untested before it was released.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
To be honest, I'd rather pay for single player Max Payne 3 DLC than get a free multiplayer one. I'm not complaining about this release, I've just always preferred the story driven side of Max Payne's single player adventure over the carnage of the multiplayer modes.

Jack_in_theGreen

Apr 20, 2012
Jesus, this is going to make Fernando Melo, "Crap-10 dollars-DLC Guru" from Bioware very sad... SUCH a bad example... FREE DLC?

WonderWillard

Feb 4, 2010
Jack_in_theGreen said:
Jesus, this is going to make Fernando Melo, "Crap-10 dollars-DLC Guru" from Bioware very sad... SUCH a bad example... FREE DLC?
It's always the publisher that controls DLC-pricing, so it's EA that made From Ashes and the new Leviathan DLC $10, which are also singleplayer DLC's. This is a multiplayer-centric DLC, and oh hey look EA/Bioware has released like 3 or 4 of those.

More OT: I'm curious as to why publishers vary so much with DLC pricing sometimes. Why does Rockstar release this for free, while Microsoft and Activision charge $10 and $15 for their map packs. Well not necessarily why, because it probably just boils down to more money, especially if we are talking about Activision, but how? How much time and effort goes into DLC, and is a price tag really necessary to support the team that created it?