Scribblenauts Hits Stores September 15

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Scribblenauts Hits Stores September 15

5th Cell's surprise phenomenon Scribblenauts will scribble onto retailers' shelves later this year when Warner Bros. Interactive releases the game on September 15.

This morning I woke up and took out a piece of paper. I wrote down "Scribblenauts Release Date" on it. Voila - it turns out Scribblenauts' write-the-word-and-summon-the-object game mechanic works in real life too, because look what we finally got word of today courtesy of Warner Bros. Interactive: a Scribblenauts release date.

The game that captured minds and hearts at E3, which proposes players solve puzzles by conjuring anything from God to a chainsaw simply by inputting the word for that thing and then using it, will hit store shelves a little bit later than you might have been hoping for: September 15.

I guess it was a bit inevitable, considering it took this long to announce the date. I was hoping for a late summer release, maybe in the latter half of August, but oh well. Being closer to the crowded fall season might hurt Scribblenauts' success, but I think that if half the people who talk about how awesome this game looks buy it, it'll do just fine.

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
Speaking of release dates, I heard that if you type in "Duke Nukem Forever", you get a permanent loading screen and have to reset the game.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Good. I plan on buying this game. When you can summon a time machine, ride a dinosaur, and fight armies of robots, I don't see why it shouldn't be awesome.
Meado said:
I heard that if you put in "Duke Nukem Forever", you get a permanent loading screen and have to reset the game.
I see what you did there.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Is there a release date for Europe yet?

Edit: apparently it's the 25th [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Warner-Bros-Interactive-Scribblenauts-Nintendo/dp/B0028N6ON4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1248303892&sr=8-1]. Yay!

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
I will certainly be buying this upon release. Hell, I bought a DS a few weeks back just because of this!

Abraham Lincoln - get your flamethrower ready. We got some star collectin' to do.

GuerrillaClock

Jul 11, 2008
I'm totally buying this the day it comes out and neglecting everything else in my life for about a week when this comes out.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
quack35 said:

I can't wait to play this game.
Yup, that about sums up my feelings for this game. Hands down the most excited I have ever been for a DS game. But the eternal question is posed...

What do you do first?

InvisibleSeal

The Invisible One
May 3, 2009
Gunner_Guardian said:
Hopefully it does well. I mean you can ride dinosaurs and kill zombies... what more could you want.
Either bizarrely true, or hilarious sarcasm.

I'm gonna wait for reviews before I even have a vague opinion of the game.

KamachoMcSagget

Mar 22, 2009
everything is comming out in september. muramasa: the demon blade, kingdom hearts 358/2 days, and duke nukem 3d (for the ds) are the ones i'm looking foward to (DONT CORRECT ME IF IT'S TOO, I FORGOT THAT I NEED TO WATCH FOR TYPOS HERE), and i can only afford one because of modern warfare 2 prestige eddition

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
Shapsters said:
quack35 said:

Yup, that about sums up my feelings for this game. Hands down the most excited I have ever been for a DS game. But the eternal question is posed...

What do you do first?
It's going to involve a catapult, fire, Chickens, and Cthulu. And it will be awesome. [http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_u-8jsnr-IjE/SbbkoehtZkI/AAAAAAAACzw/J8UDXGq-yAs/s400/do_want.jpg]

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
I dunno that it's worth buying a DS for it, but hopefully my friends with DSs will let me have a go at it.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
Shapsters said:
quack35 said:

What do you do first?
Everything, maybe, possibly?
Granted Ive only seen one gameplay video for Scribblenauts, but I'll be dammed if that one video didnt seem completely awesome.

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
Oddly enough, GameFly had listed Scribblenauts' release date as sometime in September (can't remember exactly when) a while ago, so this doesn't surprise me.

This doesn't make the wait any shorter, though.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
I really need to get a job if I wanna get this, or at least have something come up where my grandparents give me free money.

But nunchuck wielding robot God is just so tempting.