Uncharted Movie Dumps Director

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Uncharted Movie Dumps Director

Marianne and Cormac Wibberley, writers of National Treasure, are the new Uncharted scribes.

In another blow to the Uncharted movie's [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111896-Nathan-Fillion-Wants-You-to-Stop-Pestering-the-Uncharted-Director] fortunes, its director Neil Burger has left the Drake's Fortune project. Marianne and Cormac Wibberley, the brains behind the first two National Treasure movies and Charlie's Angel's: Full Throttle, have been added as the film's writing team. As yet there is no director to replace Burger, and according to Variety the project will wait until the Wibberleys have finished the script before looking for someone to direct it.

Presumably this news means Burger's promises that his team were going back to the videogame for inspiration are null and void. Back in 2011, Richard Lemarchand, then working for developer Naughty Dog, had said that "we've been impressed at Naughty Dog with the level of interest they've shown in talking to us and to Amy [Hennig, creative director] in particular in order to get it right. The attachment of Neil Burger to the project is a very good sign in that regard." Naughty Dog has not commented on recent developments.

Interestingly, according to the Internet Movie Database the Wibberleys have only ever acted as screenwriters, not story writers, on their movie projects. The one exception to this was National Treasure: Book of Secrets, which got a 32% on the Rotten Tomatometer [http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/national_treasure_book_of_secrets/] - "it's frustrating when lazy and illogical plot devices are used like cattle prods" said the reviewer for the Toronto Star - but was enjoyed by audiences.

Source: Variety [http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118058226?refCatId=13]

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Remember back when everyone was bitching and moaning when David O Russell was going to make this? They were assuming he was going to turn it into a National Treasure-esque family film. Now they've fired him and hired the people who wrote National Treasure.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
zelda2fanboy said:
Remember back when everyone was bitching and moaning when David O Russell was going to make this? They were assuming he was going to turn it into a National Treasure-esque family film. Now they've fired him and hired the people who wrote National Treasure.
*groans*

Fan-fucking-tastic... Guess I can right this movie off early...

Sis

Apr 2, 2012
Best news I've heard about this movie so far. They definitely can manage to get the feel of Uncharted right. ANd considering they already have a whole game, a whole studio and a whole script to work with, I doubt they'll fuck things up too badly. Seeing as both National Treasure movies were incredibly enjoyable and quite good.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Sis said:
Best news I've heard about this movie so far. They definitely can manage to get the feel of Uncharted right. ANd considering they already have a whole game, a whole studio and a whole script to work with, I doubt they'll fuck things up too badly. Seeing as both National Treasure movies were incredibly enjoyable and quite good.
I'm only on board if they get Nicolas Cage. I'm an unabashed Cage fanboy and he make everything he's in more interesting.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I still want Nathan Fillion to play Nathan Drake. He would just suit the role perfectly in my opinion.

Smokescreen

Dec 6, 2007
Sooo...this post is basically 300 words too long when you could've just said: movie's fucked, right?

/I kid!

Itchi_da_killa

Jun 5, 2012
I just know this movie will suck. One of the reasons the game is so great is, it's a game. No movie is going to be a better experience than Uncharted the fucking game. Fact! If anything, some empty headed movie is only going to rape the sacred out of it.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Uncharted the Movie! Feature Nicolas Cage, Natilie Portman, and a lot of EXPLOSIONS! Now directed by Micheal Bay!

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Stealthygamer said:
Please, please don't hire Nicholas Cage as Drake and make it National Treasure 3
i wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry if that happened

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
I still want Nathan Fillion to play Nathan Drake. He would just suit the role perfectly in my opinion.
Unless Nathon Fillion plays Nathan Drake, I'm not interested. It's like... somehow, he actually IS Drake.

Stealthygamer said:
Please, please don't hire Nicholas Cage as Drake and make it National Treasure 3
That would be unbearable. I can't stand Cage, if he stars in this as well I'd never be able to look at Uncharted the same way again!

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Proverbial Jon said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Unless Nathon Fillion plays Nathan Drake, I'm not interested. It's like... somehow, he actually IS Drake.
Fuck that. Just hire Nolan North to do it. He knows the role well enough and still looks young enough that he could pull it off.