Spec Ops: The Line and Bioshock Get Dirt Cheap Bundle

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Spec Ops: The Line and Bioshock Get Dirt Cheap Bundle

The Desert to Sea Bundle contains three 2K Games titles at a very low price.

Spec Ops: The Line was <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/9705-E3-Preview-Spec-Ops-The-Line>anticipated as a wildly different take on modern military shooter, but sadly <a href=http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/max_payne_3/news/max_payne_3_and_spec_ops_the_line_sales_lower-than-anticipated_take-two.html>the sales figures for the title weren't what 2K Games hoped for. The lack of sales for the critically acclaimed game may be disappointing, but it does allow one small silver lining for anyone who couldn't pick it up on release: near-immediate discount sales. The most impressive of these has recently appeared on Amazon, where 2K Games provided a heavy discount to its <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Desert-to-Sea-Bundle-Download/dp/B0091T6FQO/ref=br_lf_m_1000828191_1_15_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1392411762&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000828191&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1XQ7V18DQ5C1G36ZTP4S>"Desert to Sea" Bundle. The pack contains Spec Ops: The Line and the entire Bioshock franchise with a 78% discount, bringing the total to mere $20.

Thematically, there's actually quite an appropriate amount of overlap between the two franchises, even though one takes place in a desert and the other under the ocean. Bioshock and Spec Ops both feature an outsider protagonist, a civilization that has collapsed under the weight of its own opulence, a misguided villain who only wanted the best for society, and most importantly, a critical examination of the entire concept of player agency.

The Desert to Sea Bundle is a digital Amazon sale that will provide the buyer with Steam codes to all three games, allowing them to download and play at their leisure. The pack normally sells for about $90 dollars so if you don't happen to have all three games already, or even if you have just two of them, this certainly makes for a high-value sale.

Source: <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Desert-to-Sea-Bundle-Download/dp/B0091T6FQO/ref=br_lf_m_1000828191_1_15_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1392411762&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000828191&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1XQ7V18DQ5C1G36ZTP4S>Amazon

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Bioshock and Bioshock 2 use Game for Windows Live, and therefore no amount of discounts makes it worth buying them.

Hyuzen

Jul 28, 2010
Why oh why is this bundle only available in the states! Here's a Canadian that would love for a deal this good to be available to more countries! Come on amazon!

Matt K

Sep 18, 2010
Dirty Hipsters said:
Bioshock and Bioshock 2 use Game for Windows Live, and therefore no amount of discounts makes it worth buying them.
I believe only Bioshock 2 uses GFWL and 1 uses Securom. That said, I have no desire to play Bioshock (so its really $19 for 1 game for me) and too many games in my queue to buy another game at this time.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
kudakitsune said:
So... is this offer going to be available trough steam? because amazon is a big no-no here
Dirty Hipsters said:
The Amazon deal provides Steam codes as far as I can tell.

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
kudakitsune said:
So... is this offer going to be available trough steam? because amazon is a big no-no here
Amazon gives you Steam codes (somehow I'm sure that makes business sense).

Rocklobster99 said:
Two overrated shooters for the price of one?

No thanks.
That's 3 overrated shooters for the price of 1/3 of a shooter.

Magikarp

Jan 26, 2011
"Game Downloads are only available to US customers"
Why would you do this to me Amazon? :'(

EDIT: After looking round the internet, I found a website called ViaAddress, who give you a US postal address, which you can use for things like this. So even though I live in the UK, I've been able to buy the bundle.

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
Guys in the UK, you can get it just follow these intsructions, "To purchase digital games from Amazon US, use your UK Amazon account, and add a US billing address to your account. This address needs to be a valid US address, but nothing will be sent there, and you can access all your games through their website. Some card issuers may charge a fee."

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
Seeing as this is a US only thing, would I get into trouble if I got a friend from the US to buy it for me (with me paying him back through paypal or something), give me the code and activate it on steam?

Would Steam go "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, SPACEBAT" on me (and ban me?) or not really care?

TheMich88

Oct 19, 2009
Top Hat said:

EDIT: After looking round the internet, I found a website called ViaAddress, who give you a US postal address, which you can use for things like this. So even though I live in the UK, I've been able to buy the bundle.
So the steam keys are not region locked? And through ViaAddress you could purchase even from Italy?

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Holy...wow. If I didn't already own all three games. This is a killer deal, considering Spec Ops: The Line is still running at full price in most places. It's worth it for that game alone I think.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
TheMich88 said:
Top Hat said:

So the steam keys are not region locked? And through ViaAddress you could purchase even from Italy?
I can confirm that method works from the UK, so no region locking as far as I can tell.

TheMich88

Oct 19, 2009
Richardplex said:
TheMich88 said:
Top Hat said:

I can confirm that method works from the UK, so no region locking as far as I can tell.
So how about ViaAddress? Are they reliable? Where's the catch with their free account?

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
TheMich88 said:
Richardplex said:
TheMich88 said:
Top Hat said:

So how about ViaAddress? Are they reliable? Where's the catch with their free account?
You know these are just digital Steam codes right? NI don't see the relevance. At least from what my 5 seconds of googling told me about it.

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
DustlessDragoon said:
Guys in the UK, you can get it just follow these intsructions, "To purchase digital games from Amazon US, use your UK Amazon account, and add a US billing address to your account. This address needs to be a valid US address, but nothing will be sent there, and you can access all your games through their website. Some card issuers may charge a fee."
YES!! thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you !!

I live in Uruguay and I've been wanting to play spec ops so much!, was almost about to pirate it but I felt like shit for doing so (being that it seems to be a truly interesting and risky game to have made). I almost gave up when they didn't let me buy the game, but I had an old billing address for a us hotel from when a friend brought me something I bought from here.

Amazon must think that I am a magician and just moved to the us in a split second and decided to live forever in a hotel room.

So much happiness right now.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you !!

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Fanghawk said:
kudakitsune said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
The Amazon deal provides Steam codes as far as I can tell.
Even if it's a steam code that only means that you download it through steam. For GFWL games you still have to use GFWL to play them, even if you got them from steam.