Environment-Bending Platformer Snapshot Hits Steam Before PS3

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Environment-Bending Platformer Snapshot Hits Steam Before PS3

Retro Games' acclaimed Snapshot will have you snapping photos like a paparazzi.

Take a look at this little fella. His name is Pic, and the reason he can alter the Very Fabric of Reality has to do with his special camera. This handy device lets you adjust the environment as you will, by moving elements of it to more helpful sections of the level. Retro Games has been working on Snapshot for a while now, and - just in time for the end of the month - Steam is offering his photo-snapping adventure to you. It's on sale at an introductory 10% off, but only until September 6th.

"We hope you all enjoy the game and spread the word," said David Carrigg of Retro Games. "Over the next few months, we hope to bring the game to Mac and Linux, and soon we'll announce some release dates for the Playstation Vita and PS3 versions." Carrigg describes Snapshot as "a puzzle platformer much in the vein of Mario or those older school platformers, but with a modern twist." Snapshot's main mechanic, the camera, is inspired by a coworker's nightmare, which Retro Games decided to turn into a game. As you do.

This is Retro Games' first project, developed by a three-strong team. Carrigg is the sole programmer, Peter Jones the animator, and Kyle Pulver is environment artist and level designer. As a first effort, Snapshot looks set to shine on PC; it's already wowed the crowd at PAX East and GDC. No doubt a few bucks off on its initial Steam release will tempt some people into parting with their end-of-the-month cash ...

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/30/snapshot-strikes-a-pose-on-steam/]

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Makes me think of Braid. Interesting mechanic, pleasent art, I'm going to have to pick this up.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Oh cool, I remember this game from like two hundred years ago. Suddenly release!

Looks interesting. Can you buy it directly from the dev? I like to own games, not rent them indefinitely.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Oooooh, that looks like a lot of fun to play.

Not everyday I get to see and eventually play a quirky platformer.