Kratos, Mr. T and Gandhi Show Up in Street Fighter IV

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Kratos, Mr. T and Gandhi Show Up in Street Fighter IV

The Street Fighter IV modding community has gotten into re-skinning characters in a big way, producing every skin imaginable from Duke Nukem to Gandhi to Jill Valentine.

Street Fighter IV mods for the PC version have blown up in a big way, first with the move set switching mod that let you do things like graft [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6MM6MGS3yE] C. Viper's graceful maneuvers onto Zangief's hulking bod and now with the unsurprising appearance of a massive number of fan made re-skins for every character.

Judging from the Mr. T [http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=199446].

There's also some stuff that should have been obvious to me but never was, like making Blanka into Doraemon [http://i27.tinypic.com/11tr4va.jpg].

Forget getting a game out to the widest possible audience. This, my friends, is the real reason you bring your games to the PC.

[Via GameSetWatch [http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2009/07/modders_add_kratos_ghandi_and.php]]

MrLS

May 17, 2009
One word... Awesome

This is why there should be more fighting games on the pc.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
This is awesome..shit, find something original...umm...this is er, ...great!

"This, my friends, is the real reason you bring your games to the PC."

Exactly, mods FTW.

HardRockSamurai said:
This is awesome, just as long as I don't see any nude mods..........
You know it's already been done.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
This is awesome, just as long as I don't see any nude mods..........
Too late, Cammy's already in the game.

This is too cool/awesome/other adjectives to describe.

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
Awesome... But the Balrog/Doraemon skin looks like really creepy cosplay more than anything else.

Aiden Rebirth

Nov 19, 2008
This is neat, but not only can I not bother with these mods cuz i'm a console gamer, (yea FU PC elitists, I don't need mods) I won't bother because SF4's online is ballz! seriously its anarchy with nothing but hardcore lifers preying on the new guys like me! Screw it i'll stick with Soul Cal. where btw you can make these characters anyhow.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
Aiden Rebirth said:
This is neat, but not only can I not bother with these mods cuz i'm a console gamer, (yea FU PC elitists, I don't need mods) I won't bother because SF4's online is ballz! seriously its anarchy with nothing but hardcore lifers preying on the new guys like me! Screw it i'll stick with Soul Cal. where btw you can make these characters anyhow.
You said man. I can't even bring myself to play it online, with people I don't know, because I know I can't compete with people with hours and hours of free time a day. It's a high skill game that excludes the average player.

I also wont be able to appreciate the modified skins. Shame, I'd like to play as Mr T.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Aiden Rebirth said:
seriously its anarchy with nothing but hardcore lifers preying on the new guys like me! Screw it i'll stick with Soul Cal. where btw you can make these characters anyhow.
Interestingly enough, in SF4, you don't actually see any stats of the other player until you actually start the game against them, so there's not much actual preying or cherry picking going on (unless you know which gamertags X, Y and Z happen to be Daigo in disguise). The championship mode in particular makes it almost impossible to play against a guy with shitloads more points than you do if you don't want to.

And while I concede that the system they use is better (I like lobbies with more players than 2), SC4 itself isn't terribly conducive for online play thanks to the whole just frame system and the absolutely terrible netcode.

As for the level of competition being high, well... that's kind of what happens with multiplayer games when you miss the boat. If someone got COD4 just now, they'd probably do pretty badly in the beginning. You'd have to be really into a game, any game, to get from getting steamrolled to doing decently from there.

Oh, yeah, right.

We're talking about skins.

Speaking of which, the list lacks Goth Chun-Li.

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Aiden Rebirth said:
Hit me up on XBL sometime, I'll show you the ropes. Heh.

Strategia

za Rodina, tovarishchii
Mar 21, 2008
When I read the first half of the title ("Kratos, Mr. T and Gandhi"), the phrase "walk into a bar" sprang to mind. :p

That was only to be expected really, but it is indeed superbly awesome. Mods rule. (Of course, I'm somewhat biased since I mod as well, but that's only C&C Generals and the Space Empires series. Still, mods never cease to be awesome.)