The Ballad of Gay Tony Coming In October

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
The Ballad of Gay Tony Coming In October

The second add-on for Grand Theft Auto IV, The Ballad of Gay Tony, is now scheduled for release on the Xbox 360 on October 29, creator Rockstar Games announced this morning.

No official price point has been established for Ballad though presumably it will follow the same pricing scheme as its predecessor, The Lost And Damned, which set gamers back $20.

Alongside the option to download Ballad from the Xbox Live Marketplace, Rockstar is planning to offer the new content in package dubbed Episodes From Liberty City. This package will include both Ballad and Lost And Damned on a single disc.

Rockstar's official announcement also says that those who purchase Episodes From Liberty City won't need to insert a Grand Theft Auto IV disc to play either episode.

Additionally, Rockstar has released the first art from Ballad in the form of a desktop wallpaper. Though it tells us almost nothing about the add-on, I get the sneaking suspicion that the pretty lady pictured above has some, um, "hidden assets," if you know what I mean.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
I get the sneaking suspicion that the pretty lady pictured above has some, um, "hidden assets," if you know what I mean.
She has a law degree she's not told anyone about?

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Amnestic said:
I get the sneaking suspicion that the pretty lady pictured above has some, um, "hidden assets," if you know what I mean.
She has a law degree she's not told anyone about?
Damn man. I was thinking History.

Mar 17, 2009
Rocktober can't come soon enough!

Also, I'm pretty sure that's the mafia don's daughter that Niko has to kidnap in one of the Alderney missions. They even have a cutscene with her and Gay Tony, when Pakie and Niko give her up for the ransom money.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
Though it tells us almost nothing about the add-on, I get the sneaking suspicion that the pretty lady pictured above has some, um, "hidden assets," if you know what I mean.
You're right: she's definitely packing. I'm betting she's got a Glock myself: maybe a Beretta.

Being serious now. I'm wondering where all the controversy surrounding GTA went. I mean, they went and put a virtual wang in the game, ON FULL DISPLAY, and we didn't have a major news uprising. If that didn't gather attention, I'm betting that they won't make much of a fuss over "Gay Tony" or any transexual characters...

Glad to hear the news about the disc though. I might pick that up, only because I had heard nice things about the DLC having fixed some of my gripes with the driving controls.

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
I pray to god that chick in the pic is actually female.

Although even in the case that she is, you'll hardly be able to appreciate that in the game...

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Is it MS officially called just Ballard, or is it going to be displayed on the Marketplace as The Ballard of *** Tony rather than referred to by it's proper name?

Seeing as Microsoft doesn't allow Gamertags and biographies with the word 'gay' in them, it would be a bit hypocritical for them to sell a product with a banned word in the title, unless it's a case of "do what we say, not what we do".

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Hey! Whoa! Slow down there.

Microsoft is actually allowing something openly using the word 'Gay' on their services? I'm shocked.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
maybe their trowing us off in the name and the picture IS Gay Tony. unless they have released screen shots of it in which case i have not seen any

Feb 8, 2009
Glefistus said:
AeroZeppelinSevenfold said:
Glefistus said:
AeroZeppelinSevenfold said:
You play as a gay main character? Interesting. That's all I have to say.
Hopefully a transvestite gay character. That would be so unbelievably hilarious.
And controversial.
But he isn't a traditional and "serious" lead character. I honestly think they chose a gay man for a main character is so they can pack more half-assed jokes in there based off of stereotypes. So I doubt any serious controversy will be caused outside of Jack Thompson's circle.
But it wouldn't be GTA without controversy!

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
the gay thing means nothing , it's FUCKING GTA!!! can't wait , maybe this dlc will add some cool cheats , and even better than dlc is it's coming out on disc too ( no pun here... lol) and by then i'll have gta4 for the 360 finished but yeah ps3 might get idlc finally

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
13lackfriday said:
I pray to god that chick in the pic is actually female.

Although even in the case that she is, you'll hardly be able to appreciate that in the game...
agreed but if it is a guy then to quote a friend of mine "That's a pretty man". The tone of voice he said it in was hilarious and it was while we were watching Naruto (before they Americanized it).

I'm not going to comment further because the mods...well let me just leave it at we don't like each other.