Behind the Design of WoW: Mists of Pandaria

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Behind the Design of WoW: Mists of Pandaria

Everything you wanted to know about designing the Pandaren, the Monk class, the talent changes and everything in between.

Read Full Article

INVALIDUSERNAME

May 23, 2012
The irony of seeing a Guild Wars 2 ad plastered on the bottom and the side of my screen was delicious.

This just about sums up WoW nowadays.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Well now, WOW is just starting too get pathetic.

How Sad.

Still I might try it for a month. I never played cataclysm, I wonder if that affects pandas.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
It is Pan-dar-ee-uh, not Pan-dare-e-uh. Just like it is Pan-dar-en, not pan-dare-en.

This pronunciation lesson brought to you by me.

Coreless

Aug 19, 2011
I for one am looking forward to what this expansion has to offer. At first I was scratching my head at the idea of pandas like everyone else but after actually playing through some of the beta and seeing what it has to offer has completely changed my mind.

The Jade Forest alone sold me on what they were trying to do, the art direction and atmosphere of that zone is pretty mind blowing. I wasn't that excited for the last expansion when it came out but this has me almost counting the days.

Akexi

May 15, 2008
Mega Messiah said:
The irony of seeing a Guild Wars 2 ad plastered on the bottom and the side of my screen was delicious.

This just about sums up WoW nowadays.
Made me lol and sums up my feelings for it.

Mamzelle_Kat

Aug 23, 2010
I'm actually really looking forward to this expansion.

Honestly, there's a lot of stuff for all kinds of players to do. Plus, those zones are simply beautiful.

Haters can keep on hatin' ;)

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
Drops: Hardened Shell
What it does: Knocks an enemy player off of their mount.
I see what you did there...

Im kinda excited, but then realize Im never going to play WoW again

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
I honestly forgot this was coming out this month :/. This actually makes me sad, I've played since day one and I forgot this expansion was coming out lol. Guess i'm finally letting go for good.

Either way, it looks pretty neat. Hope it brings fun to WoW players for longer than Cata did >_>

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Lots of hatred in here. Cataclysm was trying too hard to please everyone that it pleased no one.

This looks like it knows a little bit more what it wants to be, so hopefully we'll see some positives come from it.

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
I really found the GW2 ad on the bottom hilarious.

Honestly, this just looks old. Like, this looks like a game expansion I would have been excited for oh... four or five years ago. The art style is almost drifting into generic fantasy mmo territory. A little odd to me, especially since I thought WOTLK had some great art style going on.

Ah well... back to my gw 2 necro...

Tippy

Jul 3, 2012
Meanwhile at Blizzard:

Greg Street: We need to find a way to reward exploration and actually make it fun!
Tom Chilton: You mean like Guild Wars 2?
Greg Street: LIGHT BULB
Tom Chilton: ...minus the eye popping next-gen visuals, jumping puzzles, skill challenges and dynamic events?
Greg Street: Oh shut up, we're not going to steal more than one idea at a time!

General Vengeance

Aug 26, 2009
Guild Wars 2 has received very positive reviews, so if I'm going to drop $60.00 it will be for that. WoW, tried the free trial wasn't impressed never understood the attraction.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
I can't possibly be the only one who is predicting that MoP is going to be SPAMMED with Kung Fu Panda fantards invariably naming their Pandaren Monks "Po", "Mastertigress" etc.

Fucking cancel this MMO already or make it F2P. I can't believe I wasted 6 years of my life playing it.