Virtue's Last Reward Rewards Pre-Orders

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Virtue's Last Reward Rewards Pre-Orders

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward pre-orders come with a replica death watch.

If you were savvy enough to pre-order Chunsoft's 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors for the DS back in 2010, you might have got your hands on a limited edition wristwatch based on the iconic bracelets that drive the game's story. Having one of these watches is what separates the true believers from the filthy, mouth-breathing scrubs who don't pre-order obscure Japanese adventure games. Do you have one of these watches? If not, you may begin weeping silently.

Fortunately, 999's kind-of-maybe sequel , Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward is based on a very similar premise, and, rather predictably, is coming with a fancy pre-order watch of its own. The watch, marketed as an "inoculation device" in a clever little press release from publisher, Aksys, comes with the Vita or 3DS version of the game, but only if you pre-order through Amazon. If the launch of 999 is anything to go by, supplies will be extremely limited.

The press release also contained a few exciting tidbits about Virtue's Last Reward and how it ties into the previous game. Though VLR was originally announced as a spiritual successor rather than a direct sequel, this press release confirms that several 999 characters will be making an appearance in the game, Clover and Alice in particular. Considering 999 ended with a sequel hook the size of a small moon, that's no bad thing.

The game is now fully voiced - in both Japanese and English, thank God - with the exception of the protagonist who is presumably doing the old-school "silent hero" thing. The game is also said to have a total of 24 endings, the majority of which, going by the previous game, will be grim.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward arrives on Vita and 3DS on October 23rd.

Source: Aksysgames [http://www.aksysgames.com/2012/09/17/zero-escape-virtues-last-reward-pre-order-bonus-available-now-exclusively-on-amazon/]

Brett Bowling

May 12, 2012
That's positivly brillant, I would pre-order far more often if there were snazzy wrist clocks involved.

1nfinite_Cros5

Mar 31, 2010
The watch supply ran out on Amazon because of too many pre-orders. Maybe they'll re-stock soon? I want to jump on that deal, when they are available again, as soon as possible! I have over a month to do so. Hope I don't miss it. :'(

xedobubble

Apr 2, 2009
They just restocked on Amazon, I was able to cancel my old order and replace it with the pre-order bonus edition.