Get the Torchlight 2 Soundtrack for Free

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Get the Torchlight 2 Soundtrack for Free

Runic Games is advertising its upcoming dungeon crawler with a 28-song soundtrack.

I'm a bit of a sucker for game soundtracks. Overall, they're a great way to continue my enjoyment of a game well after I've put down the controller, taking me right back to the stories and moments I enjoyed as I played. In recent years, digital distribution has made it much easier for fans to track down the music from their favorite games, since developers can easily put the tracks online or bundle them into digitial Game of the Year Editions. Runic Games has recently decided to try out the former option by releasing the complete Torchlight II soundtrack a mere two days before release, allowing anyone with an internet collection to download all 28 songs for the unbeatable price of free.

The soundtrack, created specifically for Torchlight II by Matt Uelmen, has been specifically remastered for listening purposes and released at CD quality. The download even includes a high-resolution CD Booklet PDF, for users who want to create a physical copy they can proudly display within a collection.

The Torchlight II page hosting the soundtrack has had a couple of hiccups since it went live, but everything seems to be running smoothly for the moment. At the very least, it will put you in the mood for the actual game when it finally launches this Thursday, September 20th.

Source: Torchlight II

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
That's just thoughtful and awesome.
I do so love a nice game soundtrack and Bastion is still one of my favorites in recent memory.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Ah, free video game OST's. How i love thee!!

I still Portal 2's lying around on my hard-drive, when valve put that up for free for a couple of days, i downloaded it. I didn't really have much interest in the game just..... you know, free music!

I now have Portal 2 and play it co-op almost daily.

CURSE YOU!! COMPELLING PROMOTING STRATEGIES THAT ACTUALLY GET ME TO BUY THE GAME!!

Right, Torchlight II... Prepare to be bought!

but only if i like the damn soundtrack!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I got this as soon as they posted about it on Facebook a few hours ago.

Funny, this soundtrack is awfully familiar. Oh yeah, this looks like the exact same playlist as the one that was in the Beta client's audio folder. I've had it all along!

XD

EDIT: Correction, looks like they added two tracks since Beta.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Croaker42 said:
I do so love a nice game soundtrack and Bastion is still one of my favorites in recent memory.
Just bought Gavs second album and now this, awesome! Looks like a good music day.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Croaker42 said:
I'm not even particularly fond of Bastion, but it's soundtrack is something I adore. I listen to it often.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
So I get a whole bunch of tracks composed by Matt Uelmen for free?
Sign me up!

PS: I can't wait for the 20th!

daibakuha

Aug 27, 2012
Runic is easily becoming my favorite developer. With Torchlight II becoming probably the best ARPG of all time, and now things like this. These guys are awersome.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
vrbtny said:
Ah, free video game OST's. How i love thee!!

I still Portal 2's lying around on my hard-drive, when valve put that up for free for a couple of days, i downloaded it. I didn't really have much interest in the game just..... you know, free music!

I now have Portal 2 and play it co-op almost daily.

CURSE YOU!! COMPELLING PROMOTING STRATEGIES THAT ACTUALLY GET ME TO BUY THE GAME!!

Right, Torchlight II... Prepare to be bought!

but only if i like the damn soundtrack!
If you like the music in Diablo and Diablo II then you'll like the music in Torchlight II, Matt Uelmen did the music for all three games and I think he was in on Torchlight I as well.

Stabinbac

Nov 25, 2010
Stryc9 said:
Matt Uelmen did the music for all three games and I think he was in on Torchlight I as well.
Indeed he was. I'll likely buy anything he ever makes music for simply because his older stuff is burned into my nostalgia forever.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
This is so absolutely awesome!!!! His work on Torchlight 1 was great, looking forward to hearing his work on the second installment.