The Week in Review

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Week in Review

It's small, it's informative and it has a pleasant minty taste -- it's the week's top stories, in a handy, pocket sized format!

Futurama Voice Shock!

Marc Ecko apparently hates gamers. If Marc Ecko's Getting Up wasn't proof enough, just take a look at these new Halo shirts that he's designed. Not only are the shirts so ugly that they can be considered a crime against nature, but Ecko has the gall to charge nearly $40 for them!

It's like an Iron Maiden shirt had a baby with a Three-Wolf shirt. Excuse me, I think I'm going to be sick. (link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93412-Marc-Ecko-Creates-the-Worlds-Ugliest-Halo-T-Shirts])

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
My responses to this week in review:

Futurama Voice Shock!: Futurama's doing WHAT!!!

Beware the Diabolical Feline!: Cats can do WHAT!!!

Shut-In Sues Sony!: He's suing SONY for WHAT!!!

Activison Disses PC Gamers!: Figures, they've been dissing everyone lately. Don't know why though...

Marc Ecko Shirts Offend the Eyes!: Yeah, those T-Shirts are just awful. I wouldn't even buy a t-shirt like that as a diaper for my cat!

...unless he asks nicely of course...

Woem

May 28, 2009
HardRockSamurai said:
Marc Ecko Shirts Offend the Eyes!: Yeah, those T-Shirts are just awful. I wouldn't even buy a t-shirt like that as a diaper for my cat!

Marc Ecko, or your cat?

Harold Donchee

Jul 6, 2009
Fox could not meet their salary demeands?? And their parent company made 27 billion dollars in a year? Wow. I never cease to be amazed by how greedy some corporations can be.

And as for those shirts I wouldnt wear one if he paid ME $40 dollars. Actually I would.. because im cheap.. just like Fox.. the pricks.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
woem said:
HardRockSamurai said:

Marc Ecko, or your cat?
Take a glance at my avatar.

Done? Good, now take a guess :)

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Futurama news: Totally lame - thanks for ruining yet another good thing, BOX network.

Cat news: I can't comment, because I haven't read the article about it. Every time I try to, my cat starts purring and I feel compelled to go smother it with adoration and treats.

Sony news: Sounds like a bit of a dipshit, if'n ye ask me. Be an angry nut (or whatever offence he comitted) and then complain when you get penalized? If your grasp to society is so precarious as to rely on an online community, you'd think he would take more care to make sure he retains it.

Activision News: The fewer creeps and idiots with Nightvision goggles, the better. Now if we can just get them to not sell the super-duper version to console owners, we'll be set!

Shirt news: As someone who enjoys a good t-shirt, this is distressing. Maybe you could sew the neck and sleeves shut and use it as a cleaning mitten? (a la Scott Adams) Even so, that'd be a $40 cleaning mitten...

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
Curses. The can't change the cast of Futurama! That sucks.

Also, the kid who got kicked off PSN is whiny. Even if he has problems, it doesn't mean he can do whatever he feels like.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
The Shade said:
Sony news: Sounds like a bit of a dipshit, if'n ye ask me. Be an angry nut (or whatever offence he comitted) and then complain when you get penalized? If your grasp to society is so precarious as to rely on an online community, you'd think he would take more care to make sure he retains it.
I think the funniest part about that is that he's not even sueing for a permanent ban, he's suing for a month ban. This lovely user [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.126375?page=8#2681998] points out all of the flaws in that. Just hope that it won't go to court, and if it does then Sony should not settle and provide all that evidence.

As for the Futurama voice casting thing, I'll be in the angry dome! [http://www.timothynguyentran.com/storage/blogcontent/images/AngryDome.jpg]

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
nilcypher said:
Futurama Voice Shock!
Probably the biggest and most distressing news this week was the discovery that Fos is seeking new voice actors for the principle cast of the resurrected Futurama. A spokesperson for Fos, whose parent company News Corp made $27 billion last year, had this to say:
Is that a deliberate misspelling of "Fox", or just the same mistake twice?

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
zoozilla said:
nilcypher said:
Futurama Voice Shock!
Probably the biggest and most distressing news this week was the discovery that Fos is seeking new voice actors for the principle cast of the resurrected Futurama. A spokesperson for Fos, whose parent company News Corp made $27 billion last year, had this to say:
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Harold Donchee said:
Fox could not meet their salary demeands?? And their parent company made 27 billion dollars in a year? Wow. I never cease to be amazed by how greedy some corporations can be.
And maybe that is why the company made money?

Maybe the show made enough money that they wanted it to continue, but not enough to allow it to continue with it costing as much as it did.

In other words, they are a company looking to make money, and they seem to be doing alright at it.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
zoozilla said:
nilcypher said:
Futurama Voice Shock!
I am voting mistake since it is fixed now.

Harold Donchee

Jul 6, 2009
manaman said:
And maybe that is why the company made money?

Maybe the show made enough money that they wanted it to continue, but not enough to allow it to continue with it costing as much as it did.

In other words, they are a company looking to make money, and they seem to be doing alright at it.
If they want the show to continue they should continue it the way it was. Not use other actors because it'll cost less. I understand if they want the cost to go down but changing the show in such a critical way is most likely going to ruin it.