Anime Review: D.Gray-Man, Season 1

KValentine

Mar 4, 2009
Anime Review: D.Gray-Man, Season 1

A well-developed main character, great visual style and interesting setting set D.Gray-Man apart from other action series.

Read Full Article

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
which episode is that up to, but it is an awesome show, i watched it all subbed

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
An anime needs to grab me by the balls in the first episode, or I usually don't continu watching.
But maybe I should give this one another shot.

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
Three reasons you should watch this anime
1) Komurin 3
2) Giant exdending hammer
3) The Blowpipe of Death.

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
Pretty good review. I've watched all the subbed and have read all the manga. My name is totally a spoiler though.

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
GodsClown said:
Pretty good review. I've watched all the subbed and have read all the manga. My name is totally a spoiler though.
And you feel the need to draw attention to that...why? Thanks for ruining something for those of us that were actually watching the series.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Good review, I need to something to watch/read in-between Bleach and Naruto filler/taking ages for each new manga to become available

EDIT; Just read the first chapter of the manga and have to say it's pretty cool, the enemies impressive, his weapon (the arm) is really rather cool and the emotion is done rather well. Also the characters seem a little more unusual.

Whereas bleach and naruto they can survive on pure will power and shrug of massive injuries, at least in this when Allen damages his arm (his non cursed one) he has the decency to faint and require hospital treatment

TheLefty

May 21, 2008
I watched the first few Episodes subbed a few month back it was pretty good. I'm assuming it out in English now?

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Psychosocial said:
I have only read the manga, since I don't watch anime.

But it's without a doubt in my top 5. I honestly can't think of a single poorly made character in the whole god damn show.
I agree. In both the manga and the anime, the characters are well developed, and overall great. I liked your review, too.

supertoaster2

Jul 21, 2009
I have seen both seasons subbed, and just hoped there would be more. But the manga continues.

I would say it takes about five or more episodes to get into, as at the beginning it is a bit slow. I just didn't get it at the beginning, but kept going.

But, then it steps up with actions and the plots thicken. It is worthwile a watch if you are into for the long run.

The Url might be of help for anime people and manga people.

http://myanimelist.net in generally deciding what is good anime or good manga.

The reviews are pretty good.

I hope this helps.

:0)

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
I haven't watched the anime yet, though I have read a fair amount of Scanlated D.Gray-Man. I'll have to check out the anime... once I get to it on my list. My list is several hundred anime's long. This might take awhile.

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
Seems interesting, I'll try and get it sometime, though I'm not exactly an anime man.
Me neither. Too much cliche.
By cliche I mean I get series mixed up.
Or at least characters, unless they're especially quirky.

EDIT: that is to say, I agree with the quoted post

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
I've never watched the anime but the manga was good. I'm not really interested in continuing it though since its been put on hiatus twice. Once for the author because she was sick and once because the author was alleged to have committed plagiarism.