Machinarium Hitting North American PSN Next Week

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Machinarium Hitting North American PSN Next Week

Robot adventure game Machinarium is currently in development for the Vita.

Point-and-click adventure Machinarium may not have received a lot of attention when it launched for the PC and Mac back in 2009, but since then it's made its way to the iPad, BlackBerry Playbook, Android, and European PlayStation Network. Starting next week, Machinarium will be even more accessible to some gamers, as it's hitting the North American PSN on October 9.

According to developer Amanita Design, Machinarium has been downloaded from the European PSN over 100,000 times since releasing last month. It also revealed that a PlayStation Vita version of Machinarium was in development, though the developer has "no idea when it will be released."

Machinarium is the story of Josef, a scrapped robot who manages to put himself back together, make his way through the eponymous robot city, and eventually foil a nefarious plot by solving puzzles. It will be $9.99 on the North American PSN, though no word if the Vita version will be the same price.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/05/machinarium-hits-north-american-psn-on-october-9-vita-version-t/]

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
Downloaded 100,000 times, eh? The fact that it was free on PS+ probably has something to do with it.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Oh. Cool. I'll probably pass on this one, already having bought it, played through it, and kind of forgotten it in my steam library since. Fun game, great aesthetic, good puzzles, and definitely worth a play, on whatever platform you can find it on, though. Nice to see it's getting a broader market range.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Nice. I'll definitely pick this up. My card expired last month and they sent the new one to my old address, so it might take a bit longer -_-

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
kiri2tsubasa said:
You would figure that point-and-click games would be a match in heaven for the Vita. Get on it Telltale Games.
Amen. And tell Revolution Software to release the original Broken Sword on Vita too (not the director's cut).