No Zombies for Vita's Black Ops Declassified

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
No Zombies for Vita's Black Ops Declassified

Vita's Call of Duty title favors competitive multiplayer over shambling corpses.

If anyone was wondering what it takes to beat a zombie apocalypse these days, the answer, according to Activision man Dan Amrich, is competitive multiplayer. This was the reason Amrich gave when asked whether Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119068-Vita-Call-of-Duty-Incoming] for the Vita would feature undead hordes; there would be no zombie mode, because competitive multiplayer took priority.

Amrich said this was a "decent reason" for Black Ops Declassified not featuring zombie mode. "[Competitive multiplayer is] the core experience, and that simply needs to come first," Amrich said in a blog post. "There's always a list of things you want to do and things you need to do, and at the end of the day, realistic goals are the ones that people actually attain."

There will be a Hostiles Mode for the game, and it will feature player-versus-bot gameplay. No real description of this was to be had from Amrich, except that the bots would not be zombies. It's more of a challenge mode, with the players carving their ways through waves of enemies. Is that enough of a replacement for Call of Duty's beloved zombies? Activision's hoping so.

Source: One of Swords [http://oneofswords.com/2012/10/sorry-no-zombies-in-black-ops-declassified/#comments]

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
"Amrich said this was a "decent reason" for Black Ops Declassified not featuring zombie mode. "[Competitive multiplayer is] the core experience, and that simply needs to come first," Amrich said in a blog post. "There's always a list of things you want to do and things you need to do, and at the end of the day, realistic goals are the ones that people actually attain.""

^ This quote basically translate to me that they are rushing the project and would rather release a half-assed product that give the Vita game the same respect as the console version. There goes my interest in this game.

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
Good to see Activision straight up admitting competitive(within the context of CoD I suppose) multiplayer is all they care about. At least they aren't liars.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
DVS BSTrD said:
Sometimes you need to sort out where your priorities lie:
Is it with the legions of brain dead soulless hordes who will tare you to pieces as soon as look at you...

...Or is it with zombie mode?
Ba-dum, tish.

Seriously though, the zombie co-op mode is the only little piece of Call of Duty I enjoy. Even with such limited offerings coming out for my Vita, this is unfortunately a dealbreaker for me.

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
There goes every ounce of interest I ever had in this game. Does Activision not know anything other than raping it's games? Zombies was the reason I bought Black Ops and its DLC and why I didn't buy MW3.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Sometimes you need to sort out where your priorities lie:
Is it with the legions of brain dead soulless hordes who will tare you to pieces as soon as look at you...

...Or is it with zombie mode?
Sorry but is that another pun or a spelling error?

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
GAunderrated said:
"Amrich said this was a "decent reason" for Black Ops Declassified not featuring zombie mode. "[Competitive multiplayer is] the core experience, and that simply needs to come first," Amrich said in a blog post. "There's always a list of things you want to do and things you need to do, and at the end of the day, realistic goals are the ones that people actually attain.""

^ This quote basically translate to me that they are rushing the project and would rather release a half-assed product that give the Vita game the same respect as the console version. There goes my interest in this game.
Because that is exactly what they are doing. They're only pushing this out the door because of a contract with Sony, if I remember correctly.

Frankly speaking though, who the damn hell cares that Vita CoD won't have zombies? Who the hell cares that there's a CoD on Vita anyway? In my experience, the kind of person that bought a Vita isn't the type to care about CoD and the kind of person that plays CoD would rather play it on their couch watching their big screen TV. What better way to see all the free kills the game gives you in MP, right?

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
I smell DLC at work here.

BTW do people REALLY care that much if there's zombies in this game? There's only about 500 games about zombies these days. Is one less really all that worrying?

kburns10

You Gots to Chill
Sep 10, 2012
Did Activision stop liking money? I don't see this selling AS well without this mode. It'll still sell on name alone, but zombies was a big draw for a lot of people.