Angry Birds Collides With Star Wars This November

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Angry Birds Collides With Star Wars This November

Red Bird and crew head to Tatooine as Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and Obi-Wan.

Last week's teaser image [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119976-Angry-Birds-Dev-Teases-Star-Wars-Crossover], showing a light saber-wielding bird, left us wondering, but Angry Birds developer Rovio didn't make us wait long. Rovio announced that Angry Birds Star Wars will be launching to iOS, Android, and "computers" on November 8th. The beloved fowl will be representing the light side of the Force, while their swinish counterparts will display the power of the dark side.

Paul Southern, vice president of licensing and consumer products marketing for Lucasfilm Ltd. says, "They are not Angry Birds dressed up as Star Wars characters," rather, "They are characters in their own right." Southern went on to say, "They've got personalities which are kind of similar," so we'll be seeing bird versions of the likes of Han Solo, Obi-Wan, and Princess Leia as well as pig versions of Darth Vader and stormtroopers.

Angry Birds Star Wars will also feature the gravitational physics seen in Angry Birds Space (where Rovio teamed up with NASA) alongside well-known environs from the Star Wars universe like Tatooine and Hoth.

Without further information, it's difficult to say whether Angry Birds Star Wars will just be a reskin of Angry Birds Space, or if it will follow the story of the characters in some fashion. Rovio did, however, provide this image of the cast of characters in their Star Wars regalia. With Black Bird looking so sinister next to Vader, one has to wonder whether he's considering going over to the dark side.

Source: USA Today [http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2012/10/05/angry-birds-meets-star-wars/1613941/]

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
The Angry Birds franchise should be renamed "flavored cocaine," because that's about as best a descriptor I can find of the games...

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Well... After seeing that i need to make a trip to 4chan to get it erased from my memory.

Or i could drink a bottle of bleach, that could work, its probably less damaging too.

telocaster

Aug 12, 2011
I am not sure if I should be impressed that George Lucas has found another way to ruin the franchise.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
not sure if Rovio should stop milking this franchise, or i should cheering them on to do so to help the Finnish economy...

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
when will we find out if the stormtrooper pigs will be given blasters to kill each other. nothing says imperial navy like friendly fire.
oh no I think I hear Pig Sidious

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
As both a fan of Star Wars and a fan of Angry Birds, I definitely approve of this.

So very, very much.

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
That video made me smile after a stressful day. Nothing can seem that bad when there are cross-overs between Angry Birds and Star Wars. XD

Anyone getting grumpy about the Star Wars franchise being "ruined" or losing "credibility", learn to laugh a bit. The Star Wars Holiday Special happened way back in 1978, before Empire Strikes Back was even released. I don't think it has ever been the case that the Star Wars franchise has been intended to be taken too seriously!

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
When I saw this my first thoughts were "No, just... No, this can't be real." but then I stopped caring.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
The way that lightsaber was shaped and the look in the bird's eyes kinda scares me. 8(

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
Angry birds as Jedi?! Never! Anger leads to hate, hate to suffering, etc... to the dark side!