You Pick What Appears in the Next BioShock Infinite Trailer

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
You Pick What Appears in the Next BioShock Infinite Trailer

A new BioShock Infinite trailer is set to debut on October 21st, and fans get to play a small role in directing it.

Publisher Take-Two is putting the power in your hands for the upcoming release of a fresh BioShock Infinite trailer. The game's official Facebook page [https://www.facebook.com/bioshock/app_431256273579011] has just been updated with a countdown clock and a voting feature that gives fans a chance to pick what they would most like to see.

Once you click the "Like" button, a series of either/or questions pops up letting users choose various characters and locales that have been teased in the past. You'll need to pick either zeppelins or skylines, the Handyman or the Motorized Patriot, and the lovely Elizabeth or the frightening Songbird. There doesn't appear to be any way to check in on the current voting trends, so it's impossible to know how your picks are holding up with public opinion.

The countdown timer - in all its retro-mechanical glory - will end in the early morning hours of October 21st, at which point we expect the crowdsourced trailer to go live.

After being pushed from its 2012 release window, BioShock Infinite is now scheduled to hit stores on February 26, 2013. After the delay, the developers decided to pull the game from assumed appearances at both E3 2012 and Gamescom. As we creep closer to the new launch date, it appears Irrational Games is ready to once again drum up excitement for the new title.

Source: Facebook [https://www.facebook.com/bioshock/app_431256273579011]

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
So the "corset with big boobies"-option is denoted by "Elizabeth", right?
No, I won't let this go.
They don't get to complain. They decided to design her like that and then they get all worked up afterwards.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Their giving the power to fans? Well that seals it then: two minutes of nothing but Elizabeth's tits.

EDIT: Aaaand beaten to the punch again. Damnit.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
matrix3509 said:
Their giving the power to fans? Well that seals it then: two minutes of nothing but Elizabeth's tits.

EDIT: Aaaand beaten to the punch again. Damnit.
I was going to say the exact same thing. Its the internet, they'll just pick her boobs (Or, Elizabeth) if its an option.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
What? No ponies?

I kid, I kid. I really would want to see more of the Songbird, honestly, as well as Elizabeth's ti- I mean, powers.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Storm Dragon said:
Bioshock Infinite: the upcoming game that I regularly forget that I'm really excited about.
Me too, but they go so long between teasing stuff for it that you forget, and then when something appears you're like "Holy shit! I was stoked last time I heard about this."

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Sounds abit gimmicky but as its an ad campain and thats kind of the point as well as the fact Bioshock 1 is in my top 4 games i'll vote.

I wanna know what the hell Songbird is.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Can I vote for an Elizabethan lace collar? Can't very well show off ElizaBarbie with one of those on top, so that'll completely solve the problem.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Skeleon said:
No, I won't let this go.
They don't get to complain. They decided to design her like that and then they get all worked up afterwards.
Yeah, it always bothers me when they try to shift the blame onto gamers. "Oh we had no idea that her cleavage was prominent. None at all!" Yeah, right. I'd love it if the designers put her in a burqa for the entirity of the next trailer, just to piss off the voters.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
I have this game on pre-order since the first day they said anything about it. I can't wait, I'm a MASSIVE fan of the BioShock fanchise, even if it doesn't take place in Rapture.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
I came to this thread expecting people to mention nothing but boobs.
I leave sated, but mildly disappointed that nobody said;

Bosoms, melons, milk factories, busts, funbags, knockers, ballistics, boobies, jugs, nipples, jubblies, STONKING... GREAT... TITS.

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
Loop Stricken said:
I came to this thread expecting people to mention nothing but boobs.
I leave sated, but mildly disappointed that nobody said;

Bosoms, melons, milk factories, busts, funbags, knockers, ballistics, boobies, jugs, nipples, jubblies, STONKING... GREAT... TITS.
I am now voting Songbird out of spite of this theme.

Give the mechanized monstrosity a chance to shine.

Hiroshi Mishima

Sep 25, 2008
Skeleon said:
No, I won't let this go.
You know, it was the way they decided to design her that's stopping me from buying the game. I loved the first two games, but I ain't gonna stand for this kinda bullshit design. I've been told before to speak less and act more, when it comes to games.. and although I think speaking is far easier to do, I also realize that both sides are in a shouting contest to make the most noise.

So I'm speaking with my wallet and not buying the damn thing. If I could choose the next trailer, it'd be a "My gods, everyone we were fucking fools. Look, it was all just a bad misunderstanding, we've changed the way the characters look so they actually resemble the Bioshock art style you always loved. Seriously, that thing with the big-titted, sorta Japanese school-girl looking character? Just a huge joke so people wouldn't see we were really making a good game, after all."

It isn't gonna happen, but whatever. I rather doubt one lost sale isn't gonna make a big difference either, so I'll probably keep ranting about it when the opportunity shows itself. Sorry if I'm overreacting a bit, but from the very first time she was revealed in the teaser last year or so ago, I've been firmly set against the game. I'm sick of it in the industry.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Hiroshi Mishima said:
You know, it was the way they decided to design her that's stopping me from buying the game. I loved the first two games, but I ain't gonna stand for this kinda bullshit design. I've been told before to speak less and act more, when it comes to games.. and although I think speaking is far easier to do, I also realize that both sides are in a shouting contest to make the most noise.

So I'm speaking with my wallet and not buying the damn thing. If I could choose the next trailer, it'd be a "My gods, everyone we were fucking fools. Look, it was all just a bad misunderstanding, we've changed the way the characters look so they actually resemble the Bioshock art style you always loved. Seriously, that thing with the big-titted, sorta Japanese school-girl looking character? Just a huge joke so people wouldn't see we were really making a good game, after all."

It isn't gonna happen, but whatever. I rather doubt one lost sale isn't gonna make a big difference either, so I'll probably keep ranting about it when the opportunity shows itself. Sorry if I'm overreacting a bit, but from the very first time she was revealed in the teaser last year or so ago, I've been firmly set against the game. I'm sick of it in the industry.
I'll be honest; while I did enjoy the first games, I was never that involved with the games that I care too much about what exact art-style they use as long as the art-deco + steampunk-aspects are recognizable.
While I can understand your disappointment with their design-choice for the character, that's not really the issue for me. I don't mind having Elizabeth look like that, plenty of games, animated movies, comics do that or similar things.
What I do mind is them then complaining about a perfectly normal response from the gamers to their design-choice. Put a lot of emphasis on her chest and players will notice. And I simply don't believe them when they claim this was unintended and that gamers should stop focusing on those aspects of her that they decided to make so prominent, basically telling their audience: You're juvenile, you focus only on her breasts, look at her... character!
Their reaction, their hypocritical indignation is what annoys me, not so much their actual choice. But as I said, I can understand you not liking the choice itself as well.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Storm Dragon said:
Bioshock Infinite: the upcoming game that I regularly forget that I'm really excited about.
Be grateful. Time passes faster that way.

OT: I've seen enough of those damn ziplines, they aren't even that cool.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
If you vote for Elizabeth, you'll get to see that they listened to fans and reduced her breast size!

But if you choose to see Songbird... you'll find out where her breasts went... *shudder*