The Angles

Punch You

Dec 12, 2010
Is "Chopping Things in Half with an Axe" a jab at Loading Ready Run's old series "Daily Drop"?

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Is the Furby a reference to Twitter saying Jim Sterling is similar to one?

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Punch You said:
Is "Chopping Things in Half with an Axe" a jab at Loading Ready Run's old series "Daily Drop"?
Which was an awesome series by the way.

Also, need more microwave fun.

puff ball

Mar 14, 2011
Punch You said:
this was my first thought after reading it, my second was LRR should totally do this.

ARKSgtAlpha

Jul 16, 2009
Punch You said:
no its a jab at I Hit It With My Axe, a show "Featuring adult film performers... playing old school D&D" which ran back in 2010.

Edit: That's not a dramatic pause, that's me paraphrasing from the show summary.

Punch You

Dec 12, 2010
Are we just going to mention all the escapist's old shows now?

The ad in the comic is a spoof of the name of the new game "Dishonored", which is published by Bethesda, who makes the new Fallout games, which was spoofed by the old escapist show "Apocalypse Lane".

So... "Apocalypse Lane" reference!

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
puff ball said:
Punch You said:
this was my first thought after reading it, my second was LRR should totally do this.
I would definitely watch this. Someone get them the slow-mo camera again, FOR SCIENCE!!

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011

I'm sure we were all shocked by this revelation. But wait! It's only free for certain people, so they can charge everyone else, right? :D

EDIT: Or is the only way to get it through actually signing up for something? I don't know about other people, but I certainly don't need another username/password to try remembering.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Punch You said:
Are we just going to mention all the escapist's old shows now?

The ad in the comic is a spoof of the name of the new game "Dishonored", which is published by Bethesda, who makes the new Fallout games, which was spoofed by the old escapist show "Apocalypse Lane".

So... "Apocalypse Lane" reference!
"Indishonorable" will clearly be a dog of a game. Therefore "Game Dogs". (SHUDDER!) Still better than "Creature Caster Master" (I think it was). Doesn't matter. All web series pale in comparrison to "Doraleous & Associates" which Hank and Jed are now slowly releasing on YouTube in an attempt to crowd fund another season.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
Copper Zen said:
DLC on disc...isn't that an oxymoron?
i don't know about an oxymoron, but it's moronic.

i guess, technically speaking a laser is downloading the data from the disc to your harddrive.. soo.. meh?

but it does defy the usual convention of word usage for sure