The Gangnam Style Expo

DuelLadyS

Aug 25, 2010
Oh Graham, you should have never admitted that... I hope you're ready for years of convention balloon animal making.

Also- FIRST! (I've never been able to do that before. Wheee!)

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Well, you said someone would GIF them!

Before the head turn (this one is sped up)

After the head turn (AKA Graham nodding) (this one's slowed down)

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
It was a ton of fun. I hope the second Expo will be this exciting, but the bar has been set pretty high. We'll have to see if the Mambo #5 guy or maybe the Macarena guys would be interested...

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Nasrin said:
It was a ton of fun. I hope the second Expo will be this exciting, but the bar has been set pretty high. We'll have to see if the Mambo #5 guy or maybe the Macarena guys would be interested...
The Macarena guys (Los Del Rio) quite the music business in 2007, Lou Bega (Mambo No.5) is still at it though.

And I managed to not get filmed here as well, Success!

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
Eleuthera said:
Nasrin said:
The Macarena guys (Los Del Rio) quite the music business in 2007, Lou Bega (Mambo No.5) is still at it though.

And I managed to not get filmed here as well, Success!
Me too, I was an Escapist ninja apparently. It was the black staff shirt, I think.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Andy Shandy said:

I laughed and laughed.

Then I stopped.

Then I switched tabs.

Came back a few seconds later and laughed some more.

This is making my work day grand.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
While I missed the con itself, I have been to that specific building for a different con a few years ago. I'm trying to remember which one it was, but I do remember getting an ad card from Sci-Fi Genre, which offers a discount on shipping to Escapist Pub Club members that I have exploited before.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Andy Shandy said:

That... is... glorious.

And makes it all the more sad that I'll likely have no way of reaching the Expo next year either. Everything about it just makes it look more and more hilarious and fun.

Sometimes it sucks living in a state nobody has heard of.

EDIT: Also, Assembled in a Laboratory Dedicated to Finding the Dullest, Least Offensive Music in the World is my Electric Light Orchestra cover band.

We're called Assembled in a Laboratory for short.

:D

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
Andy Shandy said:

That... is... glorious.

And makes it all the more sad that I'll likely have no way of reaching the Expo next year either. Everything about it just makes it look more and more hilarious and fun.

EDIT: Also, Assembled in a Laboratory Dedicated to Finding the Dullest, Least Offensive Music in the World is my Electric Light Orchestra cover band.

I have your latest EP, so underground there are no words

VoodooPuppeteer

May 28, 2011
It's probably even more awkward than assembling all the Escapist people in NC, but I'd love it if they ran a UK Escapist Expo - be cool to met them all in person. I'm aware this is ever so slightly creepy, but that Katy girl (with the "hidden talent" Q) is cute...

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Ha Kathleen is so right about the Olympic songs, the muse thing was just terrible. Stop pretending you are Queen, because yeah you're not.

And yeah it would be awesome if you guys ever did a European expo so we could all get a better shot at meeting you.

TehMoustache

Sep 17, 2012
Evil Smurf said:
shrekfan246 said:
Andy Shandy said:

That... is... glorious.

I have your latest EP, so underground there are no words
OH DEAR GOD THE HORROR!!!

LOL

Andy Shandy, Lulz, just lulz!

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
To those it may concern- Because of this Con i learned and am now a fan of: Magic.

Played there once and emediantly loved card games again.

Curse you escapist.

Curse you.

Trujkin

Nov 12, 2002
cricket chirps said:
To those it may concern- Because of this Con i learned and am now a fan of: Magic.

Played there once and emediantly loved card games again.

Curse you escapist.

Curse you.
You're very welcome :)