Farming Simulator 2013 Plows a Hardcore Launch Trailer

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Farming Simulator 2013 Plows a Hardcore Launch Trailer

[video=6450]​
The new Farming Simulator 2013 trailer rocks so hard it makes Kenny Loggins look like Kenny Rogers.

Farming Simulator 2013 makes its long-awaited debut tomorrow, and you know what that means: launch trailer time! Maybe you've been imagining what it's like to bring in the rutabagas before the frost hits or get blasted in the face with liquid manure because the line on the sprayer done got froze up again, but now you don't have to imagine, you can see it for yourself! (Well, except for the manure in the face bit.) This is the trailer that pulls it all together, from red Grimme and Case IH to green Krone and Deutz-Fahr, plus cows, sheep, corn, wheat and sweeping rural vistas so vast and breathtaking they'll drive you insane and make you run for the horizon until your heart explodes and you keel over and die, just like those early settlers in Saskatchewan.

The game features more than 100 vehicles and machines, and will take players from planting crops to selling the harvest, with stops in-between for some hot animal husbandry action and plenty of other surprises, too. Digital farming just doesn't get any better than this!

Farming Simulator 2013 comes out in Europe tomorrow but won't launch in the U.S. until November, which means you've still got time to lay it down for the Lambo [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/120076-Preorder-Farming-Simulator-2013-Get-a-Lamborghini]. That's right, preordering this bad boy will score you a code for an exclusive in-game Lamborghini R6 135, the only tractor on the planet that will let you plant beets at 220 miles per hour. That is hardcore farming, people. Don't miss it!

the doom cannon

Jun 28, 2012
man I keep wanting this game slightly more every time I read/watch something about it....idk what's up with me lol

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Haha this has to be one of this sites running gags. Hyping up this farming simulator all the time.
I love it, but I could never play this farming sim, I like another one. Harvest Moon. And it would feel like cheating.

insanelich

Reportable Offender
Sep 3, 2008
Tiger Sora said:
Haha this has to be one of this sites running gags. Hyping up this farming simulator all the time.
I love it, but I could never play this farming sim, I like another one. Harvest Moon. And it would feel like cheating.
... uh, it's just Andy's running gag.

The internet in general, however, has a meme about how Farming Simulator is a "hardcore", "sexy" "extreme" game.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
So when do we get the Escapist's review?

Y'know, for those few poor fools who don't realise what a must-buy GOTY contender this is?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Yes! Another excuse to watch and post this

And in all seriousness I am considering getting this for Xbox, when it drops down in price, just for the uniqueness of the damn thing.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Meh. Let me know when Train Simulator is coming out so I can make a new montage.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Meh.. it looks pretty and all, but I bet it's just a roster upgrade from last years edition. Should've just been a free patch.

.. seriously though, it actually looks decent for what it is.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I can't decide if this is an ironic news story or if this is just advertising disguised as news.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
Worgen said:
I can't decide if this is an ironic news story or if this is just advertising disguised as news.
It would take some large brass ones to pay a video gaming lifestyle site to talk up your "farming simulator" game with a straight face.

OTOH I think this looks fun to play for about 20 minutes. Mostly I'm just curious about what goes into food production but too lazy to open the requisite wiki pages.

Edit: Wow, there is even DLC. :D http://www.farming-simulator.com/dlc.php?lang=en I bet the Krone XDisc direct cutting system is a big draw.

Yal

We are a rattlesnake
Dec 22, 2010
Oh. I didn't they had sheep...

Can you make cheese? If you can make cheese, I'm buying this.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
You know, for all your mocking, this game is currently in 14th place on steams best seller list. You're just attacking the future of gaming. We've been heading towards more realism for decades. This is just the natural final step in the process. You have been warned.

Apr 28, 2008
Pfft, trainz is all hype. I've seen the lets play.

Street Cleaning simulator is where it's at. YA'LL DON'T EVEN FUCKING KNOW. Check these bomb-ass reviews [http://www.gamespot.com/street-cleaning-simulator/user-reviews/platform/pc/].

You're move.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
oh look.... my cows are ready to harvest... time for me to get my harvester, which will process them into steaks