Valve Scares Up a Steam Halloween Sale

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Valve Scares Up a Steam Halloween Sale

It's time for another excuse to throw your money at Valve.

These deals are so good, it's spooky! Or scary. Or whatever. Disembowlingly cheap, you might say. The stuff nightmares are made of! If your nightmares are made up of some pretty awesome games at dirt-cheap prices, that is.

You know what, let's skip the usual horsing around and cut right to it. Halloween is coming and that's a good enough reason for the good folks at Valve to hold another sale. As usual, there's lots of quality gaming on the block, more than 80 titles in all, including Condemned: Criminal Origins for $7.49, Alan Wake for $14.99, F.E.A.R. 3 for $4.99 (I guess that was a bit of a bomb, eh?), Left 4 Dead 2 at $4.99, Amnesia: The Dark Descent for $4.99, I Am Alive for $11.24, Dead Space 2 for $4.99 and a whole bunch more.

The truly poor and/or cheap can get in on the action too, with bargoon fare like F.E.A.R. 2 (which was actually pretty good and had one of my favorite endings ever) for $3.49, Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened for $2.49, Limbo for $2.49 and a Cthulhu Saves the World/Breath of Death VII double-pack for 99 cents. Ka-blammo!

There's plenty of other stuff up for grabs, all of which I could list for you here, or you could just head over to the 2012 Steam Halloween Sale [http://store.steampowered.com/sale/halloweensale_2012] and check it out for yourself. Yes, let's do that instead. Don't forget your wallet!

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010

I think I'll pass this sale, I'm saving for the inevitable and much better winter sale.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
I've been meaning to check out the F.E.A.R. games, so I s'pose I'll get those. But the real kicker for me is Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit. I'd planned on getting that one anyway, so seeing it on sale is just an excuse to hurry up and get it sooner.

P.S. Thanks

Playing The System

Oct 24, 2012
Oh so very tempted to get so many things with this sale. Damn you Steam, it's like being in a sweet shop with tooth ache, you know you probably shouldn't buy anything...

But just one little purchase couldn't hurt that much right? XD

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Must.... resist.... wallet no wut r u doing... WALLET STAHP

But seriously. These are sweet deals but gonna hold out till Holiday sale

lancar

Aug 11, 2009
Sales never work on me. I never buy something just because it's on sale.

*goes to check out the sale*

..... damn.

Ringo_Plumen

Jul 11, 2012
For the first time ever I have actually have money to spend, so I already got Painkiller Complete pack, Condemned: Criminal Origins, Deadlight, Stalker: Call of Pripyat and there's a few other titles I'm considering.
And there's plenty left for when the holiday sales set in as well.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I have now bought Fallout: New Vegas four times. Once when it was originally released for the 360. Twice when it was on sale in the summer (for even cheaper than this) for a couple friends who had it on their wish list. And now again, because I'm on a PC and not a Mac anymore.

Totally worth it.

As for the rest of the sale. I hate horror, so I'm immune to everything else!

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Snagged the Orcs Must Die 2 pack. If anyone else wants it get the pack, it ends up getting you the game and 2x dlc for the price of game and 1x dlc.

Apr 28, 2008
Not sure how Rage would qualify for this, but whatever. It's a good game, well worth $10.

Also, image related:

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Such a shame. Sale prices based on overpriced base prices, forfeiture of rights, intrinsically less value due to not actually owning anything other than a useless license that can be revoked with or without reason, inherently less value by virtue of being a license.

Steam has rendered its sales useless.

All the potential good brought by sales, cannot counter all the damage done.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
There were...! A grand total of zero games that I was interested in.

But because Halloween is my favorite holiday, I celebrated the sale by buying everyone on my friend's list four games from their wishlist. One person got six though.

viranimus said:
Such a shame. Sale prices based on overpriced base prices, forfeiture of rights, intrinsically less value due to not actually owning anything other than a useless license that can be revoked with or without reason, inherently less value by virtue of being a license.

Steam has rendered its sales useless.

All the potential good brought by sales, cannot counter all the damage done.
Until you realize that it's the same for disks, too. You don't own the content on the disk, you just buy the license to use it. That can be revoked at any time, too.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
Well, I've been meaning to get FO: New Vegas for a while now, and 15 bucks for the ultimate edition is too good to pass up. *sigh*. Valve is going to make me go broke

jollybarracuda

Oct 7, 2011
I'm planning on getting Fallout 3 (for 5 bucks) just for the modding community behind it. I already have New Vegas on console, but i traded in FO3 ages ago for some reason, so now's my chance to have a really great game with a near infinite amount of mod support behind it.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Grabbed the L4D2 deal so I can finally do more of the LP for it. Other than that I've got money left over for the mighty winter sale.
Related to this:

Ironically that price is how much the L4D double pack cost.
Edit: Just saw Fallout 3 GoTY edition on sale for $9.99...I don't need it since I have it on both the Xbox and PS3...but then again there are mods...*purchases*
Damn it Steam! This is what I feared you'd do to me once I made my account. T.T

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
I have a feeling that this will be the catalyst for yet another "Steam sux" thread.

Anyway, I'm out of money as usual at this time. Oh well, maybe there will be a sell come Christmas.