Halo 4 Review

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Halo 4 Review

It?s going to feel a little off with a new studio taking over the franchise, but Halo 4 balances that with a robust amount of content.

Read Full Article

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
blink said:
And if we are only in it for the singleplayer story?
In other reviews I have heard it's good, but if you read the books that is the only way to get the most out of it.

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
Disappointed to hear about the music not coming off as fitting, and the handling of the Idiot ball and cipher characters, but it sounds very nice overall, and the Spartans Ops looks like barrels of fun with my friends.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Wow. Its out for review already?

I guess my roommate's xbox is going to get some use pretty soon.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
mysecondlife said:
Wow. Its out for review already?

I guess my roommate's xbox is going to get some use pretty soon.
Yeah a lot of reviews have flown out, you can see some here:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Halo-Fans

*blantant advertising of group.*

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
The Fonsz said:
Typical of the escapist to hate Halo and attack every little flaw in the game. Your getting payed by Activision to say cod is better. You guys give dishonored and assassins creed better scores and every other review site gives Halo is better than both.

The Escapist reviews are crap, and the only thing that runs this site is zero and jim the rest of you guys should resign.
Oh boy... Here we go...

Also how is 4/5 bad?

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
Korten12 said:
The Fonsz said:
Typical of the escapist to hate Halo and attack every little flaw in the game. Your getting payed by Activision to say cod is better. You guys give dishonored and assassins creed better scores and every other review site gives Halo is better than both.

The Escapist reviews are crap, and the only thing that runs this site is zero and jim the rest of you guys should resign.
Oh boy... Here we go...

Also how is 4/5 bad?
Yay, representation!

That comment of his made me die a little on the inside.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Sounds about right. From all those I've come across who played the leaked copy says the same, the story is un-impressive and music lack lustre. I believe I'll wait for it to drop in price.

Grape_Bullion

Mar 8, 2012
Prometheans...bahahahaha. Stay uninspired video games. Personally I'm not even going to wait for a price drop. So passes Halo, a cornerstone of my adolescence.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
luvd1 said:
Sounds about right. From all those I've come across who played the leaked copy says the same, the story is un-impressive and music lack lustre. I believe I'll wait for it to drop in price.
The story is debatable from what I gather, if you have read the books most people say it's great, but if you haven't it comes off as lacking.

Coreless

Aug 19, 2011
I would so jump on this game if they ever released it on PC, that Forge World feature alone would be worth the price. If there is one thing that I love about PC gaming is how some developers support modding and player created content. Being able to create custom maps has kept me playing games long after their release (I'm looking at you Crysis).

I am excited for this game and I haven't played a Halo game since it was on the original Xbox, but from what I have seen and read about it...it looks awesome.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
This is sad, but ultimately what I expected, Promethean weapons especially being unnecessary.
I would've preferred a separate multiplayer review as well, as that is what interests me most.

One small correction, it's Valhalla that's been resurrected as Ragnarok.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
The story is actually pretty damn excellent if you've read the books from what I've heard.
I'm happy they're rewarding people for reading the books, especially after the massive Fuck You that was Halo: Reach.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Also, why are people acting like this is a negative review? 4/5 is good! The comments about the story aren't very accurate from what I've heard, but still!

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
So from what I've got from this, a lot of the characters aren't that great...but Chief and Cortana are...screw it, I'll take that. They're the ones who really matter, so the story is good where it counts. Besides, 343 said that really wanted to focus on Chief's character, and according to this review they succeeded...Master Chief has a character now, and according to this review it's GOOD! I'm actually a little excited.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Shocksplicer said:
The story is actually pretty damn excellent if you've read the books from what I've heard.
I'm happy they're rewarding people for reading the books, especially after the massive Fuck You that was Halo: Reach.
I haven't read the books, where does that leave me then?