Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Azeal

Sep 19, 2012
That right there kind of made me want to play it; and only the single player. But still, that's the most I've wanted to play a CoD since I got Modern Warfare all those years ago (wow it has been that long. >.>).

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I've understood that this is actually a pretty decent game, but everyone has their own small weaknessess :D

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
But how is the level design? Is that ATAT driving down a narrow trench where everyone is funneled into your field of fire to you never miss?

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
At first I thought Cory was just making stuff up, but this is actually real. Now I need to wait and see if Black Ops 2 is any good in any other way. Needless to say, if they add plasma cutters or laser rifles, I'll probably get it.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Funny I thought that every character you played in the COD games, barring MW2, had some relation to Han Solo except without the hairstyle and more of a beard.

Also it can't be just me but doesn't the guy's face in the last panel resemble
a lot but at a different angle. Cause that's the first thing it reminded me of.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I like how Corey had to make the Black Ops rep look as douche-y as possible XD

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
It actually a pretty good game, as far as the campiagn is to go.

Also, im gonna start calling the CLAW drones "AT-Mi-Ni".

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
meh, i'd believe it just another example of cod stealing from 10-12 year old games again

it annoys me on some level that they cannot conceive of a single original idea
and further annoys me that all the 12 year old 'pro e-sports' players that apparently
exist think they'll get somewhere playing and raging over cod 24/7 because
Activision marketing
all i can say is

[sub]poop polishing, mythbusters approved.[/sub]

continue polishing your poop,
eventually it will shine even if it is made of pure poison

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Soviet Heavy said:
But how is the level design? Is that ATAT driving down a narrow trench where everyone is funneled into your field of fire to you never miss?
Well, the one time you are FORCED to shoot - yeah, you can miss those four guys. Following in the same level is a small turret section with another one of those CLAWs (that's what they are called) and stand on a roof, shoot tons of guys. And maybe get blown up in the process. Yes, dying is NOT causing you to fail at that point.
Also, the flamethrower in THAT level is something you have to FIND. Yes, you actually have to LOOK for it. And it's VERY easy to miss because you have to do so in the very first minute during a firefight. Missed it? No Flamethrower for you, just minigun and grenades. Still more than enough to kill everything in sight.

And then there are, of course, the Strike Force Missions, where you can ALSO control those CLAWs... and those are more or less the Multiplayer Maps with one exception. No rails there, either.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Fappy said:
I like how Corey had to make the Black Ops rep look as douche-y as possible XD
Yeah, I could almost smell the AXE hair gel and his company shirt looks painted on. I take it that's the visual summation of the COD franchise's target demo.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Bindal said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Well, the one time you are FORCED to shoot - yeah, you can miss those four guys. Following in the same level is a small turret section with another one of those CLAWs (that's what they are called) and stand on a roof, shoot tons of guys. And maybe get blown up in the process. Yes, dying is NOT causing you to fail at that point.
Also, the flamethrower in THAT level is something you have to FIND. Yes, you actually have to LOOK for it. And it's VERY easy to miss because you have to do so in the very first minute during a firefight. Missed it? No Flamethrower for you, just minigun and grenades. Still more than enough to kill everything in sight.

And then there are, of course, the Strike Force Missions, where you can ALSO control those CLAWs... and those are more or less the Multiplayer Maps with one exception. No rails there, either.
Man don't even bother trying to defend COD. The game could look better than Crysis 2, have better atmosphere than Amnesia, better story telling than Mass Effect, and controls tighter than a nun's asshole and people will still claim that it sucks more dicks than there are in existence.

Lucky Godzilla

Oct 31, 2012
The Lugz said:
meh, i'd believe it just another example of cod stealing from 10-12 year old games again

it annoys me on some level that they cannot conceive of a single original idea
and further annoys me that all the 12 year old 'pro e-sports' players that apparently
exist think they'll get somewhere playing and raging over cod 24/7 because
Activision marketing
all i can say is

continue polishing your poop,
eventually it will shine even if it is made of pure poison
I found the game pretty fun :/