Hitman: Substitution

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
"Constant Vigilance."

Oh, Mad-Eye, you will always be missed.

I have to agree with the point here though. I haven't played Absolution yet, but the NPCs are always so... gullible.

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
Perfect.... I love the game but this is what I am constantly thinking.... "HEY! your not faceless goon #3! You're just wearing his clothes!" seriously?

Shilefin

Aug 18, 2011
This describes the new Hitman's disguise system perfectly. I really like it, by the way, and the fact that the game is pretty hard now(I got annoyed enough sometimes that I turned 47 into Rambo), but they did overdo it a little with how well your enemies are able to recognize you when you're wearing their uniforms, to a point where sometimes It is even better to not have a disguise at all. It should wary by profession(That means an elite agency attack squad will be better at this then plumbers that I, quite hilariously, had to hide from in one of the last missions) and they should only start noticing you when you do something that you would normally need permission for and when you're really in their face about it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I didn't know this was really a thing. That in itself is hilarious.

Also, does 47 know how to cook?

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Wouldn't it made more sense if other members of profession would recognized you?
For example one waiter could recognize that you aren't waiter, while bodyguards most probably couldn't do so?
Same goes for guards, plumbers kitchen staff and so on.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
What's even funnier is when you're able to walk around a fireworks festival whilst disguised as a Chipmunk Mascot... and there are no other Mascots around. But yeah the disguise system in Absolution is ridiculous.

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
That's so true, the disquise system became somewhat unfair, at later levels it feels that dressing like a guard, for instance, doesn't help at all, and you could just as well be using the suit, you'd be caught just as fast... Great game anyway, although I didn't like the style the missions were build around, it lacked that "hunter" and "professionalism" that the other Hitman games had.

xptn40S

Jan 11, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:

Well he does seem to be pretty "experienced" with kitchenware, so maybe that's a yes? :p

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Oh God, I didn't realize that the chef had been replaced until I looked again. Heh.

JCRamires

Nov 22, 2010
That hitman looks like he has normal sized legs and a gigantic upper-body, or the other way around.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Really nice touch with the askew cupboard by 47's knee. Nice little visual flair. I appreciate that. Kudos on this one.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:

Well as long his target is dead before the food is burnt, no one has to know.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Haha, I also didn't notice 47 in the last panel until I read the text below. I would totally fail as a bodyguard.

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
blackrave said:
Wouldn't it made more sense if other members of profession would recognized you?
For example one waiter could recognize that you aren't waiter, while bodyguards most probably couldn't do so?
Same goes for guards, plumbers kitchen staff and so on.
As I understand, that is how the system works now. This comic is about the discrepancy between how easily people of your faked profession recognize you, compared to how completely blind they are to recognizing you otherwise. Indeed, a bodyguard visiting a restaurant with his client wouldn't know you're not a waiter. But when you're an employee in the mansion where the bodyguards work, especially if you're the only employee of that type that ever works in the mansion, they don't recognize the change at all.

I guess it would be very hard to program, and even more difficult to play, a realistic system where every NPC has a level of familiarity with each NPC and NPC group. We'll always use approximations, and sometimes they lead to hillarious results such as these. It's fine.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
I'm willing to accept the system if a single change was made to it. If I'm wearing a helmet, obscuring my bald head and tattoo, then how can they know I'm not a bro?

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
DTWolfwood said:
Funny i didnt notice the chef either till after i read the sub text :p
Congratulations!
Due to your delayed hindsight, you've now met the requirements to serve as a guard in Hitman.
Would you like to apply today? We don't have a health plan, but I guarantee you that won't be much of an issue