That (Also) Almost Happened

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
That (Also) Almost Happened

For every bad movie that sees the silver screen, there's dozens more that (thankfully) never get the green light.

Read Full Article

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
I kinda want to see how Aronofsky would have handled Batman. I mean, yeah, it does sound pretty strange but there's some real potential in there... even with Miller involved.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Damn, that JP script could have possibly been the best 'so bad it's good' movie of all time. It would have been a Shlocktober episode waiting to happen.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
I would have watched that Batman v. Superman...it sounds alright to me.

Dino-Wars, I'd watch that too, but by the time it got to the genetically engineered humanoid dinosaur squad, I couldn't see this as some straight to DVD release.

Captcha says it's nap time, by the way. Lights out, everyone!

kburns10

You Gots to Chill
Sep 10, 2012
Whatever Frank Miller was on when writing that script, I want some!

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
The Jurassic Park one sounds moronic. I could see it as a one-off episode on a Saturday morning cartoon, but, as a full length film set in the existing universe, it would have been ridiculous.

On a different note, I kinda liked Superman Returns. Maybe I'm not enough of a fanatic to see problems in the minutia, but I don't think it deserves the scorn that was heaped on it. I stand waiting to be corrected by those who know more than me.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
It's always interesting to see what could have been... I think some of these ideas might work... preferably with a considerable amount of retooling.

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
Steve the Pocket said:
Hang on, did you just refer to 2007 as "seven years ago"? Because, um... yeah.
I saw that to, and actually started doing the math a little.

OT: I think the Dino-Wars movie would have been a good (funny) movie though if they tried to play it straight it would be even more of a comedy. though something tells me if it ever made it to production it would have received a name change to not be "Jurassic Park".

Trishbot

May 10, 2011

The Jurassic Park script sounds like the best idea for "Dinosaurs for Hire" I ever heard!

... Anyone read the comic or play the game? Anyone?

dthree

Hey!
Jun 13, 2008
No film project is ever really "dead" it seems so go ahead and keep up hope for your favorites here.

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
Jurassic Park should have ended at two. T-Rex as Godzilla really killed The Lost World for me, aside from the not really that good adaptation from the book. The third one, consisting of book passages that ended on the cutting-room floor when writing the other scripts, was better as a movie but in my mind utterly unnecessesary. Plus, they had to include the "yeah, now we know dinosaurs are alive" bit due to Rexilla from the previous one. This script just jumps the shark so far it's a speck in the middle of an endless ocean. Phew, that was a close one.

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
This is the first time I can remember (in a long time, anyway) that I read a movie description on the internet, did a double-take, then went back and re-read the same paragraph at least two more times to make sure I actually saw what I thought I saw.

Dino Commandos. Okaaay.

Maybe Michael Bay should have nabbed that as an origin story for TMNT. It'd be less destructive to the lore than what he came up with.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I thought Frank Marshall stated that the "dinosaurs with guns" concept was just a rumor.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
moviebob said:
The premise? In an alleged attempt to counteract a growing wild dinosaur epidemic, a mercenary is hired to retrieve that Burma Shave can full of stolen dino embryos Dennis Nedry died trying to spirit out of the original Jurassic Park. But instead of merely making domesticated population-thinning predators, a shadowy corporate agency breeds a team of super-intelligent, partially-human dinosauroid creatures genetically modified and trained to use weapons and tactical gear as part of a Dinosaur Commando Team ... who are then dispatched on a big, James Bond-esque "save the world" adventure.

... I honestly have nothing to add to that.
What about your American flag trench-coat samurai? He could be the leader.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Trishbot said:

The Jurassic Park script sounds like the best idea for "Dinosaurs for Hire" I ever heard!

... Anyone read the comic or play the game? Anyone?
No, but I remember watching The Terrible Thunder Lizards as a kid.
OT: That and the Batman vs. Superman movie actually sounded pretty cool, depending on how they played out. Jeff Goldblum as The Scarecrow sounds really cool for some reason, although maybe it's just because the guy who played him in Batman Begins kind of looked like a young Jeff Goldblum. Anyone ever see Earth Girls Are Easy?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
How did Dino Wars not happen?! Good lord, this is the kind of revelation that makes me really wish I could jump into alternate realities because that's the kind of idea that would have made iMax really seem worth it! (no offense to Avatar, Tron Legacy, Wreck-it-Ralph, etc). Hey, maybe if the Justice League movie doesn't tank we'll see another attempt at World's Finest!

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Jeff Goldbum as Scarecrow?
Dinosaurs in tactical gear?
Live-action Batman Beyond?

Oh you, cruel, cruel universe!