Dragon Age Promo Items Go Free

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Dragon Age Promo Items Go Free

A big pile of Dragon Age in-game promotional items is yours for the taking.

If you're still playing Dragon Age: Origins or Dragon Age II, or even just think that you might replay them someday, and don't already have all the preorder and other promotional items like the Lion's Paw or the Band of Stolen Shadows, you may now grab them all at absolutely no cost or obligation.

There is one obligation, I suppose, since you have to be signed up with the BioWare Social Network, but if you're playing Dragon Age, or ever have, then that's already been taken care of. So just nip on over, provide the information requested, select your platform of choice and click the button. Boom! A veritable plethora of digital extras is yours! (You do know what a plethora is, right?)

And don't think that just because you have to choose a platform for your unlockable freebies, you're limited to just that platform: You can go back and grab everything for all three platforms if you like. (I tested this theory and now have a giant pile of PS3 DLC that I will never, ever use.)

It's a pretty sweet deal, but there's no indication when it will end, so don't delay - get yours today!

Source: BioWare Social Network [http://social.bioware.com/da2/dlc_bundle/]

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Jesus...
I knew there were a lot of promo items, but that's even more than I thought.
Oh well. If it's free, give me three.

Coach Morrison

Jun 8, 2009
Ok now do this for mass effect or at the very least make the weapon and appearance packs free. Well at least now I have an excuse to go through Dragon age 2 as a bipolar mage.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Hooray, I just started to replay DA: O because of being able to buy the ultimate for 8 bucks instead of spending like $30 for all the DlC.

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
Wow, I just restarted DA:O (it is, officially, my favourite game EVAR!!!) so this is exceedingly well timed. And that is an obscenely large amount of free stuff, even if I probably will sell most of it to Bodahn...

And I haven't even played DA2 yet, so this is a fairly good incentive to do so.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Pretty cool. I've already played DA:O twice, which is enough for me, but another DA2 run might be interesting. Just gotta find a mod to increase dungeon variety first.

Andy Chalk said:
A veritable plethora of digital extras is yours! (You do know what a plethora is, right?)
Isn't "veritable" better used when describing an actual object (with the object being used as a metaphor) rather than a concept? As in, would perhaps a "veritable cornucopia" would be more appropriate?

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Meanwhile, The Witcher 2 patched in their promotional DLC items for everyone, automatically, a few months after the first release (not the EE). But Bioware gets an A for effort.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I had some of those promos, but getting more will be good for me in case I decide to go back through the games.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Oh sweet, Yoink!

Now I have an urge to start a new Origins character.

EDIT

Quick question, does anyone know how to actually access this stuff in Dragon Age: Origins? I just loaded up one of my characters but I have nothing in my inventory or Bodan's shop.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
Now, if only they'd do that for the Blackstorm and Blood Dragon armor for ME2.

xedobubble

Apr 2, 2009
Tank207 said:
Oh sweet, Yoink!

EDIT

Quick question, does anyone know how to actually access this stuff in Dragon Age: Origins? I just loaded up one of my characters but I have nothing in my inventory or Bodan's shop.
If memory serves, before you load your game, click Downloadable Content on the main menu. After the game synchronizes with your bioware account, you'll have the option to download all the promo items. After that they should just appear in your game, or at least they did when I first rolled a character in DaO. I don't know how it interacts with existing characters.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
xedobubble said:
Tank207 said:
Oh sweet, Yoink!

EDIT

If memory serves, before you load your game, click Downloadable Content on the main menu. After the game synchronizes with your bioware account, you'll have the option to download all the promo items. After that they should just appear in your game, or at least they did when I first rolled a character in DaO. I don't know how it interacts with existing characters.
Unfortunately I don't have anything popping up in the downloadable content area. I found a site(dragon age wiki page) that has links to download everything, but you have to download and install them all manually one at a time... and that just isn't going to happen.