Metro 2033 Goes Free on Facebook

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Metro 2033 Goes Free on Facebook

For the simple act of a Facebook like, you can score a free copy of Metro 2033.

Everybody knows I love Metro 2033, but nobody seems to know why. Now's your chance to find out! THQ is giving away the PC version of the game to anyone and everyone who tosses a like at the Metro Facebook page.

It's not exactly brain surgery, but here's what you need to do. Pop over to Facebook, specifically the Metro Free Download page, and click the "Reveal Code" button. Download the file linked on the page, run it and when it asks you for the key, enter it. Boom! Time to immerse yourself in the scrabbling horror of subterranean Russia!

The giveaway is part of THQ's ongoing promotional campaign for the upcoming Metro 2033 sequel Metro: Last Light, and if you think I'm kidding about the horrors of living underground in a post-apocalyptic world, you obviously haven't watched the Commander [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/120764-Metro-Last-Light-Reveals-the-Survivors] promotion videos. They're a not-so-gentle reminder that while war may be hell, what comes after sucks pretty hard too.

Laying your hands on the game may take some patience; Metro 2033 wasn't exactly a runaway hit but free is free and the download link is getting hammered pretty hard. freemetrogame.com [http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Last-Light-Xbox-360/dp/B0053BSN82/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355244321&sr=8-1&keywords=Metro+Last+Light].

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I've been waiting to get back to nuclear Russia. This should settle me over until I feel the need to kick up Stalker again.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Gahh, I just paid for it as part of the Umble Bumble, which is the second time I've paid for it.

Curses.

On the other hand, now the rest of you have no excuse at all, get it and learn a whole new level of respect for librarians!

Captcha: I love you, that's it, it's alive and it's going to kill us...

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
I haven't found anything that says that this requires Steam. Possibly a DRM free(ish) copy? If so, then it's awesome to have regardless of whether you already own it, like me.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Waaghpowa said:
I haven't found anything that says that this requires Steam. Possibly a DRM free(ish) copy? If so, then it's awesome to have regardless of whether you already own it, like me.
The codes are for the Steam version.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Waaghpowa said:
The codes are for the Steam version.
Boooooo. They give you a code and a download for a .exe so I assumed.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Sounds like a sweet deal. I've played the Xbox version but I guess it's worth picking up the PC version for god damn FREE!

Also if Captcha asks for a high five, don't hit your monitor.

Lazy

Aug 12, 2012
fix-the-spade said:
On the other hand, now the rest of you have no excuse at all
I don't have (or want) a Facebook account, does that count?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Lazy said:
No it doesn't, it means you have to go to the Umble Bumble and buy it for six dollars instead!

No excuses!

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Lazy said:
fix-the-spade said:
On the other hand, now the rest of you have no excuse at all
actually, not really.

1) Make facebook account (Doenst have to have any of your real info)
2) Get free game
3) Delete facebook account (or never look at it again)
4) ????
5) Profit! or atleast a free game

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
fix-the-spade said:
Lazy said:
No it doesn't, it means you have to go to the Umble Bumble and buy it for six dollars instead!

No excuses!
actually it is only in the $1 section. as one of the better games in there.

where did the "H" is this meme attempt?

Hazzard

Jan 25, 2012
For some reason when I go to the page it just redirects me to the facebook home page, anyone know why?

Lazy

Aug 12, 2012
fix-the-spade said:
Lazy said:

No excuses!
Well, I was planning to pick up a prepaid card and buy Overgrowth today anyhow, so I suppose I could always get Metro 2033 with whatever's left over.

Also, typing this with my broken keyboard sucks.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
gardian06 said:
actually it is only in the $1 section. as one of the better games in there.

where did the "H" is this meme attempt?
It's not a Meme, it's a replication of a particular small child's mannerism.

If it really bothers you that much I'll type it Humble Bundle from now on. But Umble Bumble is much more entertaining to me.

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
i loved this game if i didnt already have it this might acctually be a legitimate reason for getting a facebook account.

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
I am more then happy to take them up on there offer, it is very kind. and a game i love win win!

ADyler

Nov 2, 2012
Ah, finally the chance to revive my Steam account.

Going to take a personal look at Metro myself, finally. And just when all the urge for these kinds of settings kicks in thanks to STALKER. Aw yeah.

aXFireXHeartXa

Jun 24, 2010
I played this on the Xbox when I borrowed it from a friend. This is the perfect way to freshen up before Last Light comes out.