Third Borderlands 2 DLC Takes Players to Savage New Continent

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Third Borderlands 2 DLC Takes Players to Savage New Continent

"Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt" lets Borderlands 2 players explore a new continent in January.

Are you ready to return to Pandora? 2K Games has announced that the third add-on for Borderlands 2 is coming on January 15. "Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt" takes players to "the savage continent of Aegrus," where they'll fight dangerous and exotic foes while dealing with the continued legacy of Handsome Jack.

According to 2K Games, "What starts off as a relaxing hunting expedition with Sir Hammerlock soon takes a sinister turn as our Vault Hunters stumble across a new villain intent on restoring the legacy of Handsome Jack." On top of the new location to explore, "Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt" will have more loot, new quests, additional enemies, and one more vehicle.

"Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt" will be available on January 15 for the Xbox 360, PC, and PS3 (though European gamers won't receive it on the PS3 until the following day). It will cost $10, or 800 Microsoft Points, and is also included with the Borderlands 2 Season Pass. 2K Games notes that an upcoming fourth add-on for Borderlands 2 will be free for Season Pass holders, though no details about it have been revealed just yet.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Now those are some handsome bandits! :)

I have to finish the 2nd DLC, and with all those games I purchased that I have yet had to time to play and enjoy, well, I say bring it on.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Well, the story is nice, but i would have been satisfied with just a straight up Vault Hunters vs Nature affair.

But now it has to live up to the standard set by Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage and, more importantly, The Secret Amoury of General Knoxx since it is the true story extension.

Either way, looking forward to it.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Wait, I though that the season pass only got you a discount, not make the DLCs free.

Also, didn't Pitchford say that this was coming out before the apocalypse? Or is he just being clever by that, showing that he doesn't believe that the world will end tomorrow? HE KNOWS SOMETHING WE DON'T!!

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Is this one going to finally increase the level cap? I got about thirty missions I can't turn in because the experience would be wasted.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
soren7550 said:
Wait, I though that the season pass only got you a discount, not make the DLCs free.

Also, didn't Pitchford say that this was coming out before the apocalypse? Or is he just being clever by that, showing that he doesn't believe that the world will end tomorrow? HE KNOWS SOMETHING WE DON'T!!
The season pass is the discount. The four DLC (plus the Mechromancer) are 800 M$P eachs, or about $10; $50 all together. The Season Pass is about $25. You get the DLC "for free" because you already baught them all.

Also, Pitchford has faught with and defeated the Destroyer which came from the hidden vault on Earth, thus insuring that there would be no end of world, so as to allow them to make more Borderlands... atleast thats what im geussing...