Borderlands 2 DLC Bug Prevents Online Play

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
Borderlands 2 DLC Bug Prevents Online Play

A fix is still in the works for a troublesome compatibility pack error.

If you find yourself unable to explore the Pandoran wastelands due to a new Borderlands 2 DLC pack, you're not alone. Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, the game's third major DLC adventure, launched today, but not without a fairly sizeable hitch. A compatibility pack, intended for players who don't want the new DLC but still want to play online with their big game hunter friends, is making online connectivity impossible for a number of Borderlands 2 players.

A poster named PacSound brought up the issue on a 2K Games forum after getting kicked out of an online match. "When I restarted the game and got back online, [the game] was telling me to download the compatibility pack again (Which I obviously already had)," he wrote. Since then, he has tried deleting the files in question and re-downloading them, both through the game and the Xbox 360 dashboard, to no avail.

A tech support representative, Brad L, directed PacSound and others to an entry in the support database dealing with the issue. "The team has been working through the night to address the Compatibility Pack issue and is treating this as a critical priority," Brad explained. The page does not offer anything in the way of solutions yet, but will receive updates as research and potential solutions progress. For right now, Brad recommends clicking the "subscribe" button on the database entry to automatically receive new information when it becomes available.

So far, the bug appears to be targeting Borderlands 2 players on the Xbox 360, but feel free to leave a comment if the compatibility pack has affected your PS3 or PC online connectivity. For the time being, single-player and local co-op still work fine, so maybe it's time to tempt your friends over with some booze or baked goods. Maybe even both.

Source: 2K Support [http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?204771-Compatibility-pack-issues]

scienceguy8

Sep 1, 2008
Marshall Honorof said:
So far, the bug appears to be targeting Borderlands 2 players on the Xbox 360, but feel free to leave a comment if the compatibility pack has affected your PS3 or PC online connectivity. For the time being, single-player and local co-op still work fine, so maybe it's time to tempt your friends over with some booze or baked goods. Maybe even both.
I got ya covered!

Rum Cake
2 boxes store bought yellow cake mix
A cup of clear or gold non-spiced rum
Ricotta cheese
Powdered sugar
Chocolate pudding, either store bought or homemade
Heavy whipping cream
Almond extract

Make two cakes according to the manufacturer's instructions. Alternatively, make the cakes from scratch. There isn't much in the way of measurements in this recipe. Just do what you feel.

Allow the cakes to cool. Combine powdered sugar and Ricotta cheese to form a loose frosting.

Slice the cakes in half so that you have 4 layers. Use a basting brush to apply the rum to each layer, then adhere the layers together with the Ricotta cheese frosting and chocolate pudding.

Place the cake in the fridge to let the Ricotta cheese frosting solidify.

Combine the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and almond extract and beat into whipped cream. Apply the whipped cream to the outside of the cake as the final frosting.

Put the cake back in the fridge and wait at least 12 hours for the rum to mellow. Serve to a grateful world.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
As far as I know the DLC pack hasn't been released for the PC yet. It's not on the Steam store and it hasn't downloaded to my library (Have Season Pass, will auto-buy) so the problem may only be with the Xbox 360 at the moment. Dunno whether the PSN store has got it yet.

scienceguy8 said:
-snip:Delicious sounding recipe-
Clever C(ake)logs. So as a science guy that makes nice cakes are you in any way related to GlaDOS? :D

Cormyre

Jun 11, 2010
Thankfully I only do local co-op with my gf (..wow that could be taken out of context...).
But I noticed an issue with this last night, whenever I try to DL the compatibility pack it gets to 1% and then craps out, I've deleted the temp files and everything else to no avail.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
Wait... a 2K Games game with a problem that they aren't blaming the user for? What?

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
How many serious game-breaking flaws have Gearbox introduced into BLands2 now?
This would be the second if one counted the broken DLC raid boss lockout timers a game breaking thing.

And as far as i can tell it only affects 360 users, no PS3 or PC users have come forward on the Gearbox forums yet.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Glad I traded this in for Dishonored. Could never find a host match anyways and when I did it was usually some afk loser...