Kentucky Route Zero Act 1 Review

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Kentucky Route Zero Act 1 Review

It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Read Full Article

WorriedSandwich

Nov 23, 2011
This game is exquisite.

rhizhim said:
Recommendation: Stereotypical Call of Duty fans need not apply, but everyone else should give it a serious look.
thats bad. i thought thats what stereotypical call of duty fans needed... something else.

also strangely, games seem to become more episodic.
Expect to see more of that. The Walking Dead made a big impact.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Is it just me or did the Walking Dead single handedly revive the entire point and click genre?

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Seeing what see and missing what you miss... That's really the way all RPGs should be played. It's how you get the most personal experience out of a game.
On a separate note, never trust an antiques deliveryman with the word "con" in his name.

erttheking said:
Is it just me or did the Walking Dead single handedly revive the entire point and click genre?
Well, there was L.A. Noire of course. But no, I don't think they ever went away in the first place. It's just that they haven't been as sophisticated as things like the Walking Dead up until now.

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
Any game with Kentucky in the title is a buy for me. Greatest state in the Union, right here. If not, at least in the top 50.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
erttheking said:
Tell Tale Games have been keeping the fire stoked for a while now, but generally, over the last few years, we've been getting more point and click titles than ever before. It's just that before Walking Dead's success, they've been under the radar of most gamers.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
erttheking said:
It's just you. Dozens of point and click games better than Walking Dead have come out in the last couple of years.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Farther than stars said:
Seeing what see and missing what you miss... That's really the way all RPGs should be played. It's how you get the most personal experience out of a game.
On a separate note, never trust an antiques deliveryman with the word "con" in his name.

erttheking said:
Well, there was L.A. Noire of course. But no, I don't think they ever went away in the first place. It's just that they haven't been as sophisticated as things like the Walking Dead up until now.
You're kidding. Sophisticated? "Press X to not die". Yeah.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Blood Brain Barrier said:
Farther than stars said:

erttheking said:
Not more sophisticated in terms of gameplay, but in terms plot and art style.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Farther than stars said:
Farther than stars said:

erttheking said:
Plot maybe, art style is the ugliest I've seen in a game for a long time. Cell shading really needs to die.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Farther than stars said:
Farther than stars said:

erttheking said:
Plot maybe, art style is the ugliest I've seen in a game for a long time. Cell shading really needs to die.
Well, let's put it down to a difference in taste.