Left 4 Dead 2 Steam Workshop Open For Business

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Left 4 Dead 2 Steam Workshop Open For Business

The Workshop mecca of user-created content has come, to give Francis new shirts.

If you've wanted more user created content for Left 4 Dead 2, now's your chance, as Steam's zombie Workshop has moved out of beta. Thousands of new campaigns could be yours, though it will probably take a while for the Workshop to get all of this new content on board.

"Content creators have been hard at work creating content for Left 4 Dead 2," says Valve in a blog post, "but they have just gotten access to the new Workshop, so give them some time to upload their work." Finding things once they're in the Workshop is a breeze. Just load up Left 4 Dead 2, click on the add-ons section to get to the Workshop, then click "subscribe" on whatever content you fancy. File size limit has increased to 200MB, which still may be a little small for some of the campaigns, but that just means you'll have to download them one piece at a time.

For more information on what's available and how to get it, take a look over here. [http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=9756] As for the content creators: we who are about to drown in zombie giblets salute you!

Source: Valve [http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=9756]

AldUK

Oct 29, 2010
New life being breathed into a great game. I still play it every couple of weeks, a couple of random campaigns and a few multiplayer maps, it's the the most satisfying and adrenaline-pumping zombie game around.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
I play this game every night...on my 360.

*Sigh* I would love for them to release this for the 360, though it's highly doubtful. I'm no expert but it seems easier to export a campaign like, let's say, Cold Stream, (Which was on beta since 20122, came out officially in 2012 and was released about a month later for 360) than to export a complete workshop where everyone can tinker with the game.

But, you know, one can dream.

mruuh

Jun 29, 2012
I'm not entirely sure I like the idea of being able to customize weapons and appearance of the survivors in this game. It seems like breaking the canon to me. But then again, I can always just ignore cosmetics, and only go for the new maps, HUD improvements and such.