All-White PS3 Bundle Hits Stores on January 27

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
All-White PS3 Bundle Hits Stores on January 27

Sony bleaches the PS3, and throws in a year of PS Plus for free.

If you've been waiting the past six years for Sony to release a white PlayStation 3 to match your blindingly pale entertainment center, January 27 will be your lucky day. Sony has revealed that the first ever white PS3 will debut on the U.S. on that date, complete with a 500GB hard drive. The system will be bundled with a matching DualShock 3 controller and a voucher for 1 year of PlayStation Plus.

For a new PS3 owner, the one-year PlayStation Plus membership will be particularly important, as it allows access to a dozen fully features PS3 titles including LittleBigPlanet 2, Super Street Fighter IV, and Infamous 2.

The PlayStation system itself is the new top-loading model, with a sliding top door and optional vertical stand. The bundle will be priced at $299.99, and we imagine it'll be available from all the usual big box stores, though Sony's official announcement doesn't mention specific retailers.

Source: Sony [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/17/limited-edition-white-ps3-bundle-hits-january-27th-with-1-year-of-plus-2/]

Full

Sep 3, 2012
Finally, I can draw my own pictures on it like I did with the take-home boxes at restaurants when I was younger.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
A Smooth Criminal said:
Finally bringing this to the US?

Been playing on my cousin's white PS3 for a couple years now. He bought it out in Japan.
This is not the white PS3 that's been out in Japan for years. It's the new, cheaper, yet more expensive model with the sliding door on top and the "Ruffles has ridges" to trap dirt.

Little Gray

Sep 18, 2012
Well it took the bastards long enough. I have been waiting for a white ps3 for years and now that they release one its just to late. A year or two ago when my ps3 was starting to fail I would have bought this right away but now its just not worth it.

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
If only I didn't suspect the PS4 dropping this year. If only.

OT it is tempting, but I will hold out for the 4

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Cool, cool. Neato. Only thing that crosses my mind however is that they'll do anything to keep these bundles at the 299.99 mark. It's cool and all, but wouldn't a price drop be more prudent at this stage of the console's life?

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Mahorfeus said:
Cool, cool. Neato. Only thing that crosses my mind however is that they'll do anything to keep these bundles at the 299.99 mark. It's cool and all, but wouldn't a price drop be more prudent at this stage of the console's life?
Indeed. The 200-or-so GB above most other PS3s also doesn't add very much value, so "over $200 savings" doesn't really add up to us consumers. The bundle with Uncharted 3 GOTY with 250 GB hard drive space and the old one with just 160 GB are the only ones less than $299, from the PlayStation website.

Regardless, PlayStation Plus seems to have very good value for a games collection of over 12 good games and discounts. Hopefully, this bundle will be around for a few months, since I would then buy it after my school semester ends or maybe even right after E3 given that Nintendo doesn't surprise me.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I would get this if, and only if, they brought back the backwards-compatibility features.

But we are talking about Sony here, the same company that loves to remove features in new hardware, or with patches. I mean, just look at the glorious history of the PSP.