Skyrim DLC Dump Hits PS3 Next Month (Probably)

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Skyrim DLC Dump Hits PS3 Next Month (Probably)

PlayStation 3 owners "should" finally get their hands on Dragonborn, Hearthfire and Dawnguard in February.

You PS3 types have been waiting a long time for the cavalcade of Skyrim DLC that Xbox 360 owners have been enjoying since, oh, last summer, and now it's finally here! Well, almost. Probably. It's not quite carved in stone, but Bethesda seems pretty optimistic that you'll get your hot little hands on it in February.

"Dragonborn will be the first add-on arriving on PSN in February. Hearthfire will release next, followed by Dawnguard, and all three should be out in February," the studio said. "The 1.8 update will also release, just prior to Dragonborn."

Whenever it arrives, Bethesda will offer all three DLC packages at half-price during their first week of launch on the PlayStation Network. Yes, as you may have noticed, the order of release on the PS3 does appear to be reverse that of the Xbox 360, and no, I have no idea why, although I can't see why it would really matter in the grand scheme of things. You should just be happy you're getting it at all! Right?

Bethesda also announced today that the PC version of Dragonborn, the third and latest DLC release for Skyrim, will hit Steam on February 5.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Skyrim taught me to never buy a Bethesda game new.

Way to go guys.

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
Tanis said:
Skyrim taught me to never buy a Bethesda game new.

Way to go guys.
Actually what Skyrim should have told you was never buy a Bethesda game on a console.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
I could imagine a lot of PC Skyrim gamers wouldn't care much due to their inherent advantages (though some would probably complain anyway). This whole thing has just flat-out sucked for PS3 owners.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
You know Bethesda? You wanna know how to make us PS3 players happy?

Offer it to us for free for the first X weeks and then put a price on it. That way, PS3 sales of Skyrim will rise for the time being and you get your money.

I don't give a single fuck anymore. After playing better games than Skyrim (Dark Souls, even though the comparison falls apart in some areas), I can't go back unless the prospect of mods cheer me up. I don't play with mods unless I'm really bored, but Skyrim bored me so much that I uninstalled it before considering mods. I'm not gonna reinstall it either until they compensate for us PC and PS3 players.

Apr 5, 2008
Is it not too little too late at this point, as the Right Honourable GK already stated above? 14 months after the game comes out is a long time Bethesda.
Akisa said:
Actually what Skyrim should have told you was never buy a Bethesda game on a console.
Also, quoting for truth!

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Now tell us it won't be so buggy it isn't worth getting. Hell, they still haven't fixed the vampire texture bugs yet for the character going bald if you try wearing a thieves guild hood, and that's existed since the game started. Nor the "dirty face" issue for vampires in general.

I have considered getting the game on PS3 or waiting for the GOTY version (sold all my Xbox games, played it on there before) but I'm not touching it until the vampire bugs are all sorted.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
The way Bethesda treats the PS3 players is disgusting. Half Price? With the quality that version they should at least give one of the DLCs away for free as an apology.

Smolderin

Feb 5, 2012
Sheesh, Bethesda gets to much crap these days, and I am a PS3 owner. Better late than never I always say. I am just glad to get a release date.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
So PS3 is finally (probably) getting the DLC, and people are still bitching up a storm?

Christ, guys.

I for one am excited, and relieved, that I finally get to play Dawnguard and Dragonborn. (Hearthfire... eh.)

Smolderin

Feb 5, 2012
EcoEclipse said:
So PS3 is finally (probably) getting the DLC, and people are still bitching up a storm?

Christ, guys.

I for one am excited, and relieved, that I finally get to play Dawnguard and Dragonborn. (Hearthfire... eh.)
Quoted for truth.

Everyone absolutely loved Bethesda until Dawnguard came out. Then all of a sudden everyone jumped on the hate wagon. Sure they are not above criticism, but I for one think that unless they really screw up big time, they are not deserving of this kind of ire.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Wait? Skyrim exists on other platforms than PC?

Bwahaha, that's hilarious. You guys are still playing with all these bugs [http://www.iguanadons.net/Unofficial%20Skyrim%20Patch%20Version%20History.html]?

There's only one reason to buy Bethesda's DLCs, if your favorite mod's newest version requires it.
There's only one platform to buy Bethesda games, PC.

For all other games I'm not nearly this PC-elitist, but the sheer amount of mods that get made for Bethesda games is of such a quantity and quality that it's basically like missing out on not just 3 DLCs but several dozen of them, you're just missing out on so much content.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
SirBryghtside said:
Yay, release date! Have to clear my calendar :D
If I were you, I'd have some self-respect and I wouldn't buy this. Or Bethesda will continue to cornhole you for having a PS3.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Smolderin said:
EcoEclipse said:

Christ, guys.

Quoted for truth.

Everyone absolutely loved Bethesda until Dawnguard came out. Then all of a sudden everyone jumped on the hate wagon. Sure they are not above criticism, but I for one think that unless they really screw up big time, they are not deserving of this kind of ire.
They released a fundamentally broken game on 1/3rd of the platforms.

They repeatedly screw over PS3 users with their games, from Fallout 3, to New Vegas to Skyrim.

Also the ending of Fallout 3 is enough for me to dislike them now and figure they deserve whatever ire they get. It was worse than the ME3 ending, because you had to pay $15 to get the real ending, that wasn't completely retarded. "You have that radiation resistant super mutant right next to you? $15 TO MAKE THE LOGICAL CHOICE LOLOLOLOL!"

That's the worst kind of DLC.

Smolderin

Feb 5, 2012
Frostbite3789 said:
Smolderin said:
EcoEclipse said:

Christ, guys.

Quoted for truth.

They released a fundamentally broken game on 1/3rd of the platforms.

They repeatedly screw over PS3 users with their games, from Fallout 3, to New Vegas to Skyrim.

Also the ending of Fallout 3 is enough for me to dislike them now and figure they deserve whatever ire they get. It was worse than the ME3 ending, because you had to pay $15 to get the real ending, that wasn't completely retarded. "You have that radiation resistant super mutant right next to you? $15 TO MAKE THE LOGICAL CHOICE LOLOLOLOL!"

That's the worst kind of DLC.
From what I have played, I would say I had more issues with Oblivion and Morrowind at release than I did with Skyrim. For me it was entirely stable save for a few immersion breaking glitches. Plus with games as large as Skyrim, there are bound to be glitches, comes with the territory I suppose.

It really is unfortunate with the PS3, and I can understand people's anger concerning that, but just like me, Bethesda can't please everybody. Being a PS3 owner myself, I am just glad we are getting the DLC's at all.

And concerning the ending of Fallout 3...well...that's your opinion. To me it isn't much of a big deal considering narrative wasn't Fallout's strongest element. Still, it is bullcrap that they did that, and it should be pointed out, but that said, that alone isn't worth the hate there getting.

NEDM

Apr 13, 2010
I am just happy that finally someone noted that it said should, not will. No one should trust them until it is actually up on the PSN. That being said, it is strange that they delayed the PC for so long. I get they hate ps3, but now their bread and butter?